mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I actually don't think there'll be any takers. He's going to have to pay somebody to take them off his hands

Can't see any reason he would though? They've made it clear they hate him and I can't see any benefit of him paying money he doesn't have to. I think they're headed for administration and maybe even liquidation.

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can't see any reason he would though? They've made it clear they hate him and I can't see any benefit of him paying money he doesn't have to. I think they're headed for administration and maybe even liquidation.

Isn't some of the debt owed to him? I didn't mean him literally giving someone Sunderland + £30m or whatever, just his writing off some of that debt.

Edited by Alex

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Isn't some of the debt owed to him? I didn't mean him literally giving someone Sunderland + £30m or whatever, just his writing off some of that debt.

I suppose he could write off a proportion of his debt, but doesn't that still leave 65 million quid in external debt, charged at high interest? Plus whatever debt he doesn't write off. Apparently they are losing 500k a week. Nobody is going to buy a third tier club under those circumstances. I think they're fucked like. 

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

I suppose he could write off a proportion of his debt, but doesn't that still leave 65 million quid in external debt, charged at high interest? Plus whatever debt he doesn't write off. Apparently they are losing 500k a week. Nobody is going to buy a third tier club under those circumstances. I think they're fucked like. 

Aye, when you think about the rumours and news that have been circulating for a while about the state their in you would think going down again would be catastrophic.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Plus what they owe in transfer fee installments.

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye Defoe done well there but they’re incapable of context. He scored so often because their game plan was basically give the ball to Defoe and let him shoot, whereas at another club he gets a more normal level of chances. It’s been similar with Grabban this season, he scored far more than a striker of his ability usually would as everything was put through him.

As I say Defoe did well and you still have to be good enough to put the chances away (shite like Joselu would squander them) but as you say they get really over the top about him because they constantly ignore context. It’s similar with Allardyce and them, they see him as an unbelievable manager despite him having them surviving by 1 point over a club that was completely imploding under McClaren. If we hadn’t have went down that season I highly doubt they’d see him as some quality manager. 

I was the Mag at work this week talking to a lad I didn't really know and discovered he was a Mackem. I had to explain his clubs debt as he thought £50m was a good price and somebody would buy them and Short would scrub his loan. The other external debt was a bit complex for him and he virtually put his fingers in his ears when I discussed it but he did say Di Canio should've been listened to and all this wouldn't have happened if Sam was there as he was sorting everything out. :lol: I've honestly yet to meet a fan of a club he's been at with anywhere near the regard he's held with at Sunderland. I pointed out that he leaves a massive metaphorical turd in bog and fucks off as it starts to block the drain but he wasn't convinced. The bloke shouldn't have had another job in England IMO after he was caught out in the sting never mind because of his short, expensive stays at clubs with the sole, short term aim to add to his 'staying up' trophies he values so highly. He's fucking magic at pulling in favours from his media mates and pulling the wool over the gullibles eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the strange thing for me is the sunderland  fans just don’t seem to really give a fuck.

even Hull have stopped their game tonight with a protest chucking sponge balls on the pitch. But the makems? nowt.

Sitting rock bottom of the championship with last quarter of the season left and they are acting like sleepy sloths 

Imagine the shit storm at our ground if we were in that position?

Edited by zerosum

1 minute ago, zerosum said:

the strange thing for me is the sunderland  fans just don’t seem to really give a fuck.

even Hull have stopped their game tonight with a protest chucking sponge balls on the pitch. But the makems? nowt.

You are wrong the mackems have similar protests to Hull nearly every home game, instead of sponge balls they chuck empty bags of crisps and other assorted litter.

rubbish-litters-the-pitch-during-the-bar

• Haha 4

Forgot Hull we’re playing tonight :lol: 

If Barnsley beat Hull on Tuesday the Mackems could be 5 points adrift with a much poorer goal difference 

Lose tomorrow and that’s 6 in a row for Boro against Sunderland. I don’t suppose the Boro fans even give a fuck, let alone bring out a range of T shirts, Mugs, Beach Towels etc

Imagine what RTG would be like if our roles were reversed.. the situation they are in really shows the difference in bitterness and obsession between our fans and theirs, there has been piss taking from our side obviously but if we were 4 points adrift at the bottom of the championship and completely fucked financially like they are then they wouldnt even mention their own team, it would be mags mags mags mags mags mags every thread on there (It is anyway but you know what I mean)

Also saw a thread where one of them said about what they had achieved in the last 45 years and that Reiver replys and the first thing he says is 'We beat our rivals 6 times a row' :lol::lol: Couldnt make it up 

Edited by 247