mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Seats ripped up by our lot as well, by all accounts. Not condoning it but what were they expecting to happen while hosting it at the SoL?

That is pathetic though. Appreciate it'll just be some dumbfuck children but even so.

There's enough to persecute Sunderland over at the moment without having to resort to vandalism.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

They knew what they were at. There's a £5m insurance claim going in this morning.

Are they replacing the stadium?

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Are they replacing the stadium?

Given their attendance at the minute they could probably just put out a few deck chairs and call it a day.

• Like 1

Agree that it’s an odd move, no idea what’s gained from announcing it unless it’s ticket renewal time and they’re making sure people know why they are being moved. At least that mob of pigeons will be able to nest there in peace though. 

Grim place. 

Some of them seem to think this is a clear sign ahead of Administration as well.

What is really interesting about Sunderland as opposed to other clubs that have gone a similar way, is that if you look at Portsmouth or Leeds, they were spending well above their means and just collapsed. Sunderland arguably weren't, they just made consistently stupid decision after stupid decision. Ricky Alvarez, the Adam Johnson fiasco, Rodwell, £20m on N'dong, and the most terrible transfer record of probably any team in the PL era. Coupled with shit managers, zero actual ambition, and a fairweather fanbase... and they are where they are.

They're just run horrifically from top to bottom.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Some of them seem to think this is a clear sign ahead of Administration as well.

What is really interesting about Sunderland as opposed to other clubs that have gone a similar way, is that if you look at Portsmouth or Leeds, they were spending well above their means and just collapsed. Sunderland arguably weren't, they just made consistently stupid decision after stupid decision. Ricky Alvarez, the Adam Johnson fiasco, Rodwell, £20m on N'dong, and the most terrible transfer record of probably any team in the PL era. Coupled with shit managers, zero actual ambition, and a fairweather fanbase... and they are where they are.

They're just run horrifically from top to bottom.

I think the recruitment stands out more than anything else as they've spent a decent amount of money but bought absolute fucking shite. That and defining themselves by their performances relative to ours. I know all rivals do that to an extent but it paper over the cracks to a ridiculous degree. I don't actually rate Coleman but it's amazing they got someone as well regarded as him given their situation.

You'd imagine Coleman will continue with them in League 1 tbh, but aye he isn't great. Stupid decision by him really.

Tbh I would expect them to bounce straight back up from League 1, but if they hit administration and start with a 15 point penalty, it could be tough going. 

They won't bounce back straight away from league one at all. When I was at uni in York I used to go and watch Huddersfield play in league 1 with a mate who supports them.

Its not as easy as people think and Sunderland are as Micky mouse as a lot of teams that get stuck there for a few years. 

Theyre fucked. FOREVER. 

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You'd imagine Coleman will continue with them in League 1 tbh, but aye he isn't great. Stupid decision by him really.

Tbh I would expect them to bounce straight back up from League 1, but if they hit administration and start with a 15 point penalty, it could be tough going. 

I'd  be surprised if they come straight back up, you need to graft in that league and they basically need a completely new squad but can't afford to sign anyone with the likes of rodwell draining them of cash.

If they hit administration they're double fucked, on down the pompey highway.