mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

what do we think it probably is? I appreciate that photo is taken probably when 2-0 down, but it honestly doesn't look like there's more than 2000 tops at the far side... less than 10k in the stadium based on that?

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

what do we think it probably is? I appreciate that photo is taken probably when 2-0 down, but it honestly doesn't look like there's more than 2000 tops at the far side... less than 10k in the stadium based on that?

yeah reckon you’re right, maybe 10k in.. maybe 15k in total but some have left :D

official attendance is a complete lie

Aye I think it looks like 2-4K on that far side, they’ll be lucky to get 10k there next season. Not that it makes a difference mind as their match day revenue is rotten and has been fucking rotten for years due to constant free, fiver, or tenner ticket offers. 

I saw somewhere that in the last decade they’ve won something like 100 games, 35 fewer than any team in the top four tiers. What a stinking fucking club. Despite that there’s a thread on SMB at the moment about how none of them expected the drop, and in it a few talk about how a great club like them shouldn’t ever be in the third tier :lol: . They’re fucking ROTTEN and have stunk out every division they’ve been in. Fucking buzzing they’re going to be so far down the ladder, fingers crossed they keep going down. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

:lol: Caught for drink driving on the way to the match. I don’t think we have nearly as much sympathy for what the Sunderland players go through as we should.

I read he has been cited after three other previous incidents, even having to serve a driving ban.

28 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I read he has been cited after three other previous incidents, even having to serve a driving ban.

He just miss understood what Coleman said about getting three points :icon_lol:

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Confirmed that he’s been arrested for drink driving. At 12pm in the afternoon. God knows how much booze he had last night to still be over the limit 12 hours later 

I thought you really didn't have to drink that much to be over the limit even the next day?  

If I've had enough to get "drunk" the night before I won't bother with the car at all or leave it till about 4 o'clock or something.

I suppose it's fairly arbitrary and perhaps you'd expect Gibson's metabolism to be a little quicker than mine.

8 hours ago, Tom said:

I thought you really didn't have to drink that much to be over the limit even the next day?  

If I've had enough to get "drunk" the night before I won't bother with the car at all or leave it till about 4 o'clock or something.

I suppose it's fairly arbitrary and perhaps you'd expect Gibson's metabolism to be a little quicker than mine.

I think it takes three and a half hours for the first pint to leave your system then three hours per pint after that.Ffs,over the limit at midday !!!!!!

9 hours ago, Tom said:

I saw a chart the other day explaining numbers. IIRC it takes 12 hours for 5-6 pints to be out of your system.

So if he stopped drinking at midnight, and was STILL over the limit at 12pm, we can surmise he had 7-8 pints minimum. 

Which is taking the piss for a pro footballer, a couple of weeks off match fitness for a team desperately close to relegation 

By the sounds of it, he lost control of his car at speed and hit four parked cars. While he was pissed. He’s lucky nobody was hurt, he obviously doesn’t give a shit about himself, other people or his employer.

If I was SAFC, I’d cancel the fucker’s contract toot sweet.

Said it on Twitter but in the last 10 or so years, i.e. when they started spending big, how many good signings have they made? I come up with Defoe, Johnson, Sessegnon and Van Aanholt. Even then, the prevailing wisdom was that they robbed Palace for Van Aanholt and Johnson is a literal nonce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

By the sounds of it, he lost control of his car at speed and hit four parked cars. While he was pissed. He’s lucky nobody was hurt, he obviously doesn’t give a shit about himself, other people or his employer.

If I was SAFC, I’d cancel the fucker’s contract toot sweet.

He's been suspended by the club :icon_lol:

Ten years continuous in the top tier is their best run for decades. The fact they were utter shite in most of those ten years is a 'Brewceys bonus'. The derby wins basically kept them going, kept them up and ultimately, has put them in their current predicament. It was absolute bollocks somehow getting done off these as many times, no question, but I guarantee they'd be better off as a club right now had we done the double over them 4-5 years ago and they went down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I saw a chart the other day explaining numbers. IIRC it takes 12 hours for 5-6 pints to be out of your system.

So if he stopped drinking at midnight, and was STILL over the limit at 12pm, we can surmise he had 7-8 pints minimum. 

Which is taking the piss for a pro footballer, a couple of weeks off match fitness for a team desperately close to relegation 

Yeh good point, I suppose I can't balance my own drinking habits against that of a so called professional athlete.

He was drinking daft at the start of the season, I suppose it's just part of the culture of the club.

It must be horrible for the fans to watch their team potentially go into administration/league 1 whilst alcoholic millionaires take the piss.