mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

42 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

They're still trying to convince themselves that they relegated us.

We relegated them by not being in the same division and removing the entire club’s raison d’etre 

I don't even hate them. I pity them. They could get to 60 in a row against us and I'd still look down my nose at them. My first visit to Sunderland was in 1991 and the town* hasn't changed one bit. I'd be a strange miserable cunt being brought up in that existence.  I'm one of a few born and bred in England's finest city,  who hope they survive and come back up. It would be shite if I snuff it before the next time we play these strange gene cunts again. 

* a city needs a cathedral end of story

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Hated it so much you moved there? ;) 

Haha I'd rather sniff poppers and spend my Friday evenings in the Powerhouse. 

All of my treatment and brain scans are done at the Freeman every few months for the rest of my life, but sadly every 6 months we need to go Sunderland for something else. I don't know if it's my childish stuck in my ways views which dictate how I feel when I'm there, but I come back feeling borderline depressed that this is what hell would feel like. I feel pity and sorrow for the people who live that existence every day. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I mean, we've joked about it, but they're genuinely responding to any Newcastle fan's jokes (or apparent sympathy) with "Wiz meyt be reluhgayted agin, but wiz will always be ayble to laugh at yooz. Yooz are still hurtin after the faymous 6 in a rowuh!"

You've been friends with them too long, you've nailed the accent.

8 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

You've been friends with them too long, you've nailed the accent.

I worked there for 4 years in my early twenties and the odd mackem  word was coming in to my vocabulary. I used to say "probleas" instead of probably like a deranged mackem. I was even pronouncing Chester Le Street like them :(

We pronounce it as Chester leee Street, those inbreds say Chestuh luhh Streyt. 

Edited by McFaul

30 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Haha I'd rather sniff poppers and spend my Friday evenings in the Powerhouse. 

All of my treatment and brain scans are done at the Freeman every few months for the rest of my life, but sadly every 6 months we need to go Sunderland for something else. I don't know if it's my childish stuck in my ways views which dictate how I feel when I'm there, but I come back feeling borderline depressed that this is what hell would feel like. I feel pity and sorrow for the people who live that existence every day. 

I always feel elated when I come away from the place

20 minutes ago, McFaul said:

I worked there for 4 years in my early twenties and the odd mackem  word was coming in to my vocabulary. I used to say "probleas" instead of probably like a deranged mackem. I was even pronouncing Chester Le Street like them :(

And there'll be more from our Foreign Correspondent, Stevie, later in the show.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

You're far too nice. Doesn't really matter what their motive is, the SMB is pathetic. Their obsession with us is something to behold, in particular their obsession with Rafa Benitez which is actually a bit disturbing.

If we were in their situation, do you think we'd give a shiny shit about them? Yet I guarantee next year in league one, and the year after after liquidation, they'll still be equally obsessed. 

:D You know me too well.

I mean I read RTG quite a bit because schadenfreude is something that gives my life meaning, but I can see that the number of 'mag' threads has fallen off a cliff. They've retreated into the 6 in a row as the final hope to ward of abject misery and humiliation. In reality they would dread playing us now, because if we played them 10 games in a row, we would win all 10. They will be keenly aware of this.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The only reason I can think of to explain the amount they try to denigrate Benitez is because it's so obvious he's a better manager than we could have hoped for.

It is this pure and simple.  When we got relegated they all expected him to walk and the fans to turn against the club but the opposite happened.  That drove them insane, more so when we went through a period of not getting results we still stayed positive; something they thought they'ed be able to replicate this season.  It doesn't help their mood that their 'superior' supporters started drifting away towards the tail end of last season and has reduced every home game since then - even their message board seems to be quieter as they just give up, almost embarrassed to be associated to the club,  but they can't be seen blaming any fans for this since it's all Short, Bain, Moyes and the FA for stealing Allardyce. 

If you read the minutes from the latest supporters meeting the best protest they can think of is filling the stadium for the last home game, something they've failed to do since the night they played Everton when they game away thousands of free tickets but can't decided what to protest against.  All they have is their '6 in a row' which they don't get means they're actually bench marking the success of their team against something better than them; you don't recognise something you've achieved against something smaller than you.

Now they've moved on from 'mag at work' to inventing stories of mass 'Mag' invasions into the away ends and some of the newer 'Mag' posters seem to be second accounts just to play the stereotype they want us to be.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Well you're both wrong cos it's prounced Chesterley Street

• Haha 1

I was coming back from london after a meeting (with a hangover) and train emptied out a fair bit at Durham.. so I was left on my todd at a table.

3 thick as fuck young lads/chavs with really really broad makem accents got on and sat straight down on my table, surrounding me. Obviously heading to town on the piss.

It was the most difficult 20 minute journey to town I’ve ever experienced.

They tried to get me into their conversation but I could hardly understand what the fuck they were saying. Don’t think I’ve ever experienced the company of anyone as thick as those kids in my life.

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well you're both wrong cos it's prounced Chesterley Street

Knew a lad from there who always referred to it as Chester. Is that usual or was he just lazy?

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Knew a lad from there who always referred to it as Chester. Is that usual or was he just lazy?

It’s normal. I’ve a couple of mates over that way, they refer to it just Chester.

Edited by zerosum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

:D You know me too well.

I mean I read RTG quite a bit because schadenfreude is something that gives my life meaning, but I can see that the number of 'mag' threads has fallen off a cliff. They've retreated into the 6 in a row as the final hope to ward of abject misery and humiliation. In reality they would dread playing us now, because if we played them 10 games in a row, we would win all 10. They will be keenly aware of this.

One suggested that just like Sunderland did, Newcastle would have released merchandise celebrating the 5 in a row if it was a record breaking streak. 

It was a record breaking streak.

YEAH BUT YOU RELEASED STUFF FOR THE 5-1!

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Yeah, “going down Chester” means going down to Chester Le Street front street/town centre. 

When I was on holiday as a kid and was asked where I was from, I would reply Chester Le Street and people would assume I was a bit special and was giving them the name of the street I lived in.

Tough times 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yeah, “going down Chester” means going down to Chester Le Street front street/town centre. 

When I was on holiday as a kid and was asked where I was from, I would reply Chester Le Street and people would assume I was a bit special and was giving them the name of the street I lived in.

Tough times 

My dad was a bouncer at the Sombrero/Crocodillos in Chester Le Street in the 70s and 80s

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tough times 

I had an interview at Sunderland university for a course and i was sat with a few students waiting to be interviewed.

When I said I'd come from Chester they though I meant the one in the north west...

3 hours ago, Leon said:

It is this pure and simple.  When we got relegated they all expected him to walk and the fans to turn against the club but the opposite happened.  That drove them insane, more so when we went through a period of not getting results we still stayed positive; something they thought they'ed be able to replicate this season.  It doesn't help their mood that their 'superior' supporters started drifting away towards the tail end of last season and has reduced every home game since then - even their message board seems to be quieter as they just give up, almost embarrassed to be associated to the club,  but they can't be seen blaming any fans for this since it's all Short, Bain, Moyes and the FA for stealing Allardyce. 

If you read the minutes from the latest supporters meeting the best protest they can think of is filling the stadium for the last home game, something they've failed to do since the night they played Everton when they game away thousands of free tickets but can't decided what to protest against.  All they have is their '6 in a row' which they don't get means they're actually bench marking the success of their team against something better than them; you don't recognise something you've achieved against something smaller than you.

Now they've moved on from 'mag at work' to inventing stories of mass 'Mag' invasions into the away ends and some of the newer 'Mag' posters seem to be second accounts just to play the stereotype they want us to be.

They do like a football hooligan thread I've noticed .Prior to the under23 game there was a thread on how many,if any,toon fans would attend.Around 300 turned up.Every one of them were going to get a good hiding,even though they predicted no away fans would turn up.They're now going to give every toon fan a kicking it they turn up for the Wolves game.27-3-1970 is rarely mentioned in rtg and the Battle of Bath Lane was a victory in the minds of every makem who wasn't there.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

One suggested that just like Sunderland did, Newcastle would have released merchandise celebrating the 5 in a row if it was a record breaking streak. 

It was a record breaking streak.

YEAH BUT YOU RELEASED STUFF FOR THE 5-1!

:rolleyes:

It's just like them to not realise why the 5-1 felt so good (aside from the obvious) i.e. they had spent the previous 18 months crowing about us being in the Championship and bragging about the best team they'd ever assembled. They will never, ever learn.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I had an interview at Sunderland university for a course and i was sat with a few students waiting to be interviewed.

When I said I'd come from Chester they though I meant the one in the north west...

Probably thought you were off Hollyoaks 

• Haha 1