mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Aye, he paid somewhere between £70m-£90m for them iirc, has probably plunged another hundred million or so into them and they still owe nearly £70m to a bank which has a high interest rate as it was initially a short term loan I think.

At this point short of someone buying SAFC off him (which as Kitman said isn’t happening) his only hope of getting anything back is them going into administration, I’ve heard it probably isn’t even his decision at this point and it’s depending on the external bank. Of course he could use his personal fortune, pay off the external debt and save them from any threat of administration but it’s highly unlikely he would do that. Honestly why should he as tbh he was sold down the river by Niall Quinn who spouted bollocks about the clubs potential, it’s fan base and draw etc, they’ve cost the bloke a fortune and I’m sure have given him a right headache for years. 

Short has actually loaned them £160m and probably more since their last accounts. No wonder he’s fucking sick of them.

• Haha 1

It’s funny as fuck that Short gets shot with shit on rtg about money (by the same people who probably haven’t paid full price for a ticket in years if ever). My impression is that Short has actually been pretty generous in terms of investment, it’s just that their board and management have been utterly incompetent from top to bottom, the players have taken the piss and the fans have deserted them in droves  since they dropped out of the PL.

Short has put his money where his mouth is but has appointed all the wrong people and left it far too late to make changes when it was obvious they were needed.

Blame should be assigned to the very top and that’s him. If he’d any sense he’d have cut his losses years ago.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Short has put his money where his mouth is but has appointed all the wrong people and left it far too late to make changes when it was obvious they were needed.

Blame should be assigned to the very top and that’s him. If he’d any sense he’d have cut his losses years ago.

Totally agree its Shorts fault, he’s fucked it up royally and is now paying the price. I wonder what he thinks of Niall Quinn :lol:

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Short has actually loaned them £160m and probably more since their last accounts. No wonder he’s fucking sick of them.

:lol: Fucking hell, I wasn’t sure and even then thought I may have been overdoing it but that’s shocking. 

Edited by Howay

He pretty much wrote off (i.e. capitalised) £100m of the loan so that’s gone.

Basically he’s put 1/4 of his wealth into the club. And got nothing but a FTM badge to show for it.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 4

Could be wrong, but wasn't Niall Quinn paying himself a massive wedge when he was Chairman, one of the highest paid in the league at the time?

He certainly did all right out of them ;)

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've no idea what he's done before but I do know his Mam must've been at the shops* when he did that video of himself otherwise he wouldn't have been so loud. :good:

*Getting him some chicken nuggets for his tea to go with oven chips and beans. 

Didn’t know that was @Christmas Tree ‘s kid 

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

He pretty much wrote off (i.e. capitalised) £100m of the loan so that’s gone.

Basically he’s put 1/4 of his wealth into the club. And got nothing but a FTM badge to show for it.

It seems he stopped the majority of free tickets this season.A dagger through the heart of the best fans in the country who have benefited since the sos flat pack was built.

On 04/04/2018 at 13:55, Alex said:

Been pointed out before but they're the ones with the new(-ish) flatpack stadium (with the name stolen from elsewhere) and they even needed a fucking poll to decide on their official nickname such is their lack of identity. They're only really known for being near Newcastle which they don't exactly help themselves with since they can only identify in relation to us anyway. Not sure I believe many of them who say they'd rather have the 6 in a row than be two divisions above (which we all but are now) but the fact they're even prepared to say it defines how small time they are. They can get to fuck tbh. Know a couple of decent lads who support them but the club itself and the support of the paedo shows how 'classy' they really are (one bloke who didn't even go to the game who punched a horse defines us though :lol: ). Enjoy Burton (again) and Accrington tbh

That is an excellent post.

Transfermarkt is a great resource!

Just a handful of the players signed under Short since he bought the club:

Sessegnon £7mil

Giaccherini £7.5mil

Whickham £9mil

Djilibodji £9.5mil

Altidore £10mil

Alvarez £10.5mil

Borini £10.7mil

Lens £11.4mil

Khazri £11.8mil

Bent £11.8mil

Johnson £12.mil

Turner £13.6mil

Fletcher £15.2mil

Gyan £16mil

Ndong £20mil

Not to mention the tens of millions spent on listening to the fans demanding the sacking of:

Bruce

O'Neill

DiCanio

Poyet

Advocat

Moyes 

Grayson

And the fans have the temerity to call him tight :lol:

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Transfermarkt is a great resource!

Just a handful of the players signed under Short since he bought the club:

Sessegnon £7mil

Giaccherini £7.5mil

Whickham £9mil

Djilibodji £9.5mil

Altidore £10mil

Alvarez £10.5mil

Borini £10.7mil

Lens £11.4mil

Khazri £11.8mil

Bent £11.8mil

Johnson £12.mil

Turner £13.6mil

Fletcher £15.2mil

Gyan £16mil

Ndong £20mil

Not to mention the tens of millions spent on listening to the fans demanding the sacking of:

Bruce

O'Neill

DiCanio

Poyet

Advocat

Moyes 

Grayson

And the fans have the temerity to call him tight :lol:

You forgot Rodwell for £10mil plus his £37,000 a week.

56 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You forgot Rodwell for £10mil plus his £37,000 a week.

You mean £70k https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/jack-rodwell-better-wake-up-to-the-fact-no-one-wants-him-sunderland-fans-react-on-twitter-to-midfielder-staying-at-club-1-8994390

Wasn't there an image doing the rounds last season showing they'd only made a profit on 2 or 3 players in flipping ages? If you chalk off home-grown players (good fortune rather than considered recruitment) I'm guessing their profit must be tiny or non-existent. It's not the be all and end all, obviously, but for a club to be plummeting don the leagues it's a good indicator as to where it all went wrong. I've tried googling it, but the only place it seems to be is the sunderland echo site, and am I shite registering to look at that.

Are they renowned for their sense of humour? I know the Scousers are, and the Mancs are renowned for an abundance of self confidence, but I've never heard anyone mention Sunderland fans famous sense of humour.

To be honest I've never heard a neutral fan mention them except with reference to us.

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Which scouser is funny ??????

Being famous for something doesn't necessarily mean you are/do that thing. 

Geordies are famous for being warm, genuine, funny people. But you're a miserable, humourless, Janus mother fucker.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Are they renowned for their sense of humour? I know the Scousers are, and the Mancs are renowned for an abundance of self confidence, but I've never heard anyone mention Sunderland fans famous sense of humour.

To be honest I've never heard a neutral fan mention them except with reference to us.

I was taking the piss out of their self-image.

• Haha 1