mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Seen quite a few Man Utd fans giving it both barrels because the mackems celebrated Man City winning the league vociferously. Of course, that’s the actions of a classy club, isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Howay said:

They always jump to the “we’d chin them” craic now, can’t say it’s a surprise as it’s yet another completely untestable metric since ‘classy’ is now out due to, you know, them giving a kiddie fiddler support. 

I saw it in all of the “we’re paranoid the Maggie’s are going to be at the Wolves match” threads, as they all started with a “aye we’d just kick their heads in”, as if they’re a fan base of Connor McGregors :lol:     

27-3-1970 to all those hard makem bastards.HMB.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Seen quite a few Man Utd fans giving it both barrels because the mackems celebrated Man City winning the league vociferously. Of course, that’s the actions of a classy club, isn’t it?

Still think they can stay up?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The weirdest part of that is they’d spent years previous trying to cling to Man Utds coat tails, becoming a place for soon to be retired has beens and the lesser academy graduates to get paid well more than they were worth. Then in their complete obsession to be a part of something in football they gave it big licks to Man Utd fans in a moment that had nothing to do with SAFC, in fact they hadn’t even ‘done a part’ in it as Man Utd beat them. Forever spoiling their image as proper canny and classy fans to Man Utd fans, a title they have a pathetic desire to get from any fan base they can. Meanwhile I still think Man Utd fans are tossers and couldn’t give a fuck what they think of NUFC, it is funny that they’re also piling onto the tramps mind. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

I believe one of your friends over there just called you a wanker :o

Get yourself back on there and take the piss FFS.:D

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/workplace-craic.1427886/page-2

I still struggle to get my head round it to be honest. I know the championship is competitive but there's a lot of dross in there too so to actually get relegated (and it looks like they'll finish bottom now) at the first attempt is no mean feat :D

I think it'll be a long way back to the PL too given the money involved. Plus Short's had enough and no one else seems very bothered about buying them (even for nowt). They'll have to rely on their academy (which has a decent track record) and recruiting bargains. In the case of the latter they have a fucking abysmal record. They're an absolute mess.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I still struggle to get my head round it to be honest. I know the championship is competitive but there's a lot of dross in there too so to actually get relegated (and it looks like they'll finish bottom now) at the first attempt is no mean feat :D

I think it'll be a long way back to the PL too given the money involved. Plus Short's had enough and no one else seems very bothered about buying them (even for nowt). They'll have to rely on their academy (which has a decent track record) and recruiting bargains. In the case of the latter they have a fucking abysmal record. They're an absolute mess.

They've won 2 home games all season. Abysmal record and deserve to go down bottom.

Even if they did come back up though they don't look anywhere near being a side that's capable of returning to the PL any time soon

Aye I'm satisfied with the notion of them getting stuck in L1 for a while. I think the season after there's a chance they'll be put into administration though, since I don't know how they will prove to this third party that they can afford to pay back £90m or whatever it is.

They will struggle massively to get back up, they are a small club which had to pay over the odds for players to go to when they were in the premiership. They are not a Leeds or a Villa or other club of that ilk, also I honestly think their academy will suffer to attrcat players due to the drop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye I'm satisfied with the notion of them getting stuck in L1 for a while. I think the season after there's a chance they'll be put into administration though, since I don't know how they will prove to this third party that they can afford to pay back £90m or whatever it is.

They should have went into administration weeks ago to shift the debt owed to the third party. If they do it now I am sure they can get points deducted for next season due to waiting until they are relegated. If they don't go into administration they will not find a buyer for a club in £90million debt who are playing in League 1 with a history of being turbo shit.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Aye basically agree but they do still have parachute payments with which to service the debt next season. What happens after that, especially with matchday revenues going through the floor as fans stay away, is really unclear. They're heading for a very austere period though.

From the BBC

• Former Manchester City and Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell remains under contract and, although his salary also recedes, it still totals upwards of £40,000 per week. By contrast, the average salary of a League One player is between £1,700 and £2,500.
  • Haha 1

I state quite categorically, for the avoidance of doubt, that I am absolutely elated Sunderland have been relegated for the second season running. The suffering engendered by every single one of those 6 shameful defeats in a row by them was worth it, just to be able to laugh loudly and uproariously at their fate. In all seriousness, I hope the club goes out of business and that they reform in the Durham Alliance with Jack Rodwell as player manager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2