mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Alex said:

But even if it was the other way round 6 in a row wouldn't bother them if they were in the top flight and we'd just gone down to the third tier. The fucking irony of them cliaming it's the greatest thing that's ever happened to us as well

That is true mind, its all they can cling to now

Interestingly the thread on rtg 'mags in the ground' or whatever is probably the most active on there at the moment :lol: 

They’re weird as fuck man, I’m not arsed to look at the thread essembee has mentioned that they have about our game as I’ve no doubt they will be buzzing. That’s it though, it’ll make their night us losing to Everton but the game is fucking meaningless :lol: it only really helps settle who comes 10th/9th, so why are they arsed? 

No doubt they’re buzzing Allardyce has won a game against us, another weird thing as the bloke royally mugged them off. Even if the England job didn’t come along it was pretty clear he had his head on a swivel for any opportunity whatsoever to get out of that pile of rubble. Yet they fucking adore him, they adore a manager with a 29% win ratio :lol: losers, complete and utter fucking losers.

Their heroes of the PL era are Niall Quinn, Kevin Phillips, Peter Reid, and Sam Allardyce :lol: what a crew man, two completely fucking average strikers one of which was basically a journey man, and two (being very fair here) average managers. In fact Steve Bruce was by far a better manager for them than Allardyce but they simply can’t look past the Goliath chip on their shoulder that he’s from Newcastle. 

The new dog has me knackered, so I guess looking at this post and the one in the Everton thread I’m a bit grumpy, but fuck them and fuck these winnet licking tramps. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Howay said:

They’re weird as fuck man, I’m not arsed to look at the thread essembee has mentioned that they have about our game as I’ve no doubt they will be buzzing. That’s it though, it’ll make their night us losing to Everton but the game is fucking meaningless :lol: it only really helps settle who comes 10th/9th, so why are they arsed? 

No doubt they’re buzzing Allardyce has won a game against us, another weird thing as the bloke royally mugged them off. Even if the England job didn’t come along it was pretty clear he had his head on a swivel for any opportunity whatsoever to get out of that pile of rubble. Yet they fucking adore him, they adore a manager with a 29% win ratio :lol: losers, complete and utter fucking losers.

Their heroes of the PL era are Niall Quinn, Kevin Phillips, Peter Reid, and Sam Allardyce :lol: what a crew man, two completely fucking average strikers one of which was basically a journey man, and two (being very fair here) average managers. In fact Steve Bruce was by far a better manager for them than Allardyce but they simply can’t look past the Goliath chip on their shoulder that he’s from Newcastle. 

The new dog has me knackered, so I guess looking at this post and the one in the Everton thread I’m a bit grumpy, but fuck them and fuck these winnet licking tramps. 

That's all fair comment, tbh. :good:

:lol:

• Like 1

I genuinely think the fans themselves have a case to answer. That team was good enough to pick up more points at home than it did, but their total non-support, lack of attendance, and generally negative attitude seems to have made it very difficult for the team to pick themselves up. Tbh there's a fair case to argue that they were just fucking terrified.

Honestly think this has put paid to the notion that they are 'great fans'. They're dismal. And while they weren't to blame for relegation from the PL, I think you could blame them for this one. If they actually backed their team, no way would they have gone down.

Just now, Rayvin said:

I genuinely think the fans themselves have a case to answer. That team was good enough to pick up more points at home than it did, but their total non-support, lack of attendance, and generally negative attitude seems to have made it very difficult for the team to pick themselves up. Tbh there's a fair case to argue that they were just fucking terrified.

Honestly think this has put paid to the notion that they are 'great fans'. They're dismal. And while they weren't to blame for relegation from the PL, I think you could blame them for this one. If they actually backed their team, no way would they have gone down.

Tbf, they didn't want to get behind the team and back their manager because that's what those vulgar Mags do

• Haha 2

Just now, Howay said:

That Jonathan Wilson wrote a good article about it, he mentioned they were in the lead at home for something staggering like 20 minutes in total during 2017 :lol: 

Aye, I like him anyway but he's usually realistic about SAFC as well

• Like 1

Leaving at half time couldn't have helped the team when their support was needed.Added to that the booing at half time and full time must have seriously pissed of the players.The country now know their support is absolute shit.The tv footage,and piss taking ,has educated fans of other clubs regarding how fickle as well as shit their support is.

25,475 against Burton.Aye,reet.The country knows that's total bollocks.

They are the laughing stock of English football.Not in Europe because nee fucker has heard of them.

2 in a row you makem bastards.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

IMHO this thread has to be a contender for most deluded OP ever.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/david-moyes-single-handed-destroyed-our-club.1427854/ 

In relation to Moyes, you'd have to say he's got a better pedigree than virtually anyone they've had since Reid (who's obviously done fuck all since but did a good job for them and Man City). But the fans couldn't wait to get rid of him completely taking their eye off the bigger picture. If he was still there now he'd probably be getting dog's abuse if they didn't at least make the play-offs. I agree with Rayvin in that with a better atmosphere at home and they'd probably have stayed in any case but Moyes is a better manager based on what he's done in the past than either Coleman or Grayson and I think they'd still be in the Championship if he was still their manager. Blaming him for all the ills at the club (which in fairness the OP is being called out on even on the first page) is absolutely stupid.

Moyes never had the stomach for it, you could see they were going down with him two games into the season. But the Greyson appointment is what really killed them off, as well as how long it took for Short to act. It's as if they never really clocked they were in relegation danger until after the January window despite being in it from the word go. The entire thing was a tragedy (and I mean in the Greek sense, not at all in the sad sense, because it's fucking hilarious :lol:) in the way it played out, with everyone in the audience being able to see what was happening while the characters themselves on stage continue to plunge into utter oblivion, perfectly unaware of their fate. 

Edited by acrossthepond
Fixed laughing face.
  • Like 1

They have a thread on there about how Pickford has us rattled, and that we can’t hack getting it back after we were giving him stick. This comes days after them whinging about Dummett and Bent giving them stick :lol: they really are a special breed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

They have a thread on there about how Pickford has us rattled, and that we can’t hack getting it back after we were giving him stick. This comes days after them whinging about Dummett and Bent giving them stick :lol: they really are a special breed. 

The interest in our match last night as well in general, man. You'd think there was nowt going on at their club :lol:

• Haha 1

Why do we care two fucks what would be best for them lot? I hope they continue their absolute freefall into oblivion.

The Shopping Centre of Light would be a great boost to their ‘city’.  The farce of a football team could use the carpark. Passing shoppers could hoy them the odd coin or two for transfers etc

Also, did you see Darren Bent interviewed on the BBC? He came across pretty well and was going on about how sad it was about what happened at the club, particularly seeing members of staff he knew from his time there and how they could lose their jobs. He also said he wouldn't have celebrated were it not for the abuse he got when he came on as sub. I suspect he was just being polite tbh