mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

11 hours ago, Ant said:

no you didn't you reported J69 for commenting on the link to your blog, you reported alex for laughing at it i'm guessing, and you reported me for power abuse

i've reviewed your reports, i've decided they're nonsense, and i've given myself a job well done badge.

Wait.. we can be awarded a well done badge??

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Restraint similar to which you showed by dedicating an entire paragraph to some random mackem bloke in your blog, you mean?

are you suggesting that there are moralistic souls out there who will respond to that by assaulting him for his voyeurism? rather Victorian i'd say....

4 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Well said.It seems 6 makems when to one of the lads place of work yesterday.He's been named on rtg.Classy messageboard,classy mods.

they managed to go to the wrong place of work though.... messageboard vigilantes; whatever next?

They're discussing the last time they were in the third tier.Talking Billy Bollocks as usual.Every makem on there either went to every game,home and away,or only missed two of three away.Their average home attendance was 17,427, which is probably more than the average attendees they have this season.Port Vale's,Chester's and York's grounds must have held close to 40,000 to get all those loyal makems in.Un-fuckin -believable support.They really are special fans.

52 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

On 27-3-1970 they mustn't have been able to find the Fulwellend either.

"THE GRAND OLD LEAZES END"
"WE HAD TEN THOUSAND MEN"
"WE MARCHED THEM UP TO JOKER PARK"---
"AND TOOK THE FULWELL END" 

1011668.jpg?1524343644

Edited by Tdansmith

On 4/24/2018 at 22:42, Gene_Clark said:

i've reported several posts that seem to be intent on naming people.

not bothered about myself but i do know the safety of those lads who were at the Burton game is in jeopardy; think we should all be aware of this & exercise restraint

Your name is on the bottom of the blog you whopper. 

And I didn't say Ian Cusack posts as Gene Clark. Although you just confirmed that yourself by posting this :lol:

On 4/24/2018 at 12:30, Rayvin said:

I genuinely think the fans themselves have a case to answer. That team was good enough to pick up more points at home than it did, but their total non-support, lack of attendance, and generally negative attitude seems to have made it very difficult for the team to pick themselves up. Tbh there's a fair case to argue that they were just fucking terrified.

Honestly think this has put paid to the notion that they are 'great fans'. They're dismal. And while they weren't to blame for relegation from the PL, I think you could blame them for this one. If they actually backed their team, no way would they have gone down.

They absolutely do. West Ham's mismanagement was met with fury, outrage and action, Wenger's situation was constantly provoking reactions from the Arsenal fans, our shitshow motivated the fanbase into action too. Their double relegation has been met with abject apathy and if those in the stands don't seem to give a shit, why would you expect the players on the pitch to give more than the bare minimum? 

I genuinely cannot believe that there's been no fan action of note, and if it's because they don't want to protest because "That's what the Mags do", then they deserve as many relegations as is possible.

On 4/25/2018 at 02:05, Howay said:

Who’d have thought having reportedly the 3rd highest net debt in Europe (beating PSG apparently) in League One would be offputting?

Yeah, I cannot fathom why they haven't invited/accelerated the administration process to take the points penalty now and dump as much debt as possible? If they slip into administration next season, the points penalty could be telling, as will the need to release any useful players (for that lowly division).

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 13:31, Monkeys Fist said:

Sunderland takeover: Adam Pearson consortium ends interest http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43881315

Hoof, right in the bollocks :D

This is actually fairly important. When you have an interested consortium who were willing to take on the debt until they saw the books it doesn't offer much hope for them. Unless Ellis pays off the debt himself (which I don't think is likely) then administration looks to be the only other way out of their situation.