mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

http://priceoffootball.com/sunderland-short-changed/

Summary

Ellis Short’s tenure as Sunderland owner is a textbook example of someone who thought the Premier League was an opportunity to make a lot of money and getting it spectacularly wrong.

He has effectively written out a cheque for half a million pounds every week for ten years to keep the club afloat, and during that period has seen a series of executives and managers come and go at the club.

Whilst he can afford to lose this sum, it’s still an unpleasant experience for anyone to walk away from such a spectacular financial mess.

The reaction of Sunderland fans seems to be measured. They appreciate Short’s benevolence but are angry at the quality of decisions made by a series of well remunerated professional business managers in charge of club operations.

The irony is, having measured the club value using the industry standard Markham Multivariate Model, Sunderland as a Premier League club was worth about £215 million if managed correctly, but as a Championship, and now a League One club, it is effectively worthless, as the losses each week and lack of TV income is too much of a burden.

The new owners are taking on either a black cat…or a white elephant.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

They can go back to their council flats reeking of Alsatian piss tonight and give their sisters a celebratory poke buzzing about flyover part II. Completely missing the point that we don’t have to spend a penny to wind them up far more than a prop plane flying over SJP as our lot smack Spurs about did. 

:lol: Beautiful prose.

• Haha 1

The atmosphere at the sos this season has varied between poisonous and nonexistent so they stick their stupid fucking banners up their collective jacksy 

3 hours ago, Howay said:

I know me and HMHM beat them with the “they’re obsessed with trying to make links to other fan bases” stick, but it’s still fucking hilarious to me and they’re doing it again :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/wolves-fans-on-the-way-in-horsing-around-in-newcastle.1429906/

A wolves fan puts a rubber horse head on and immediately “they’re a good club and will do well next year”, “Wolves fans giving us credit”. :lol: Sad fuckers man, the inbred Brummie bastards are using their trip to no mark Sunderland to have a pop at future PL rivals NUFC and the mackems are lapping it up like the lower league kiss ups they are. 

:lol: :lol:

I've said it before, an exchange with another supporter by a Newcastle United fan may or may not bring up Sunderland, probably not in ordinary circumstances, if the shoes on the other foot no fucking way are they not trying to get an anti nufc conversation out of the other fan.....

'Orwight, mate? QPR fan here, Geordie is it?'

'Fuck off am a Sunderland supporter! Geordie? Fucking hate the cunts, marra. What about you? You must fucking hate the bastards, al the country does!'

'Yeah, mate, get sick of hearing about them, think they're a bigger......Fuck me! What the fuck you doing?! You fackin' trying to suck my cock, squire?'

'(Nom nom, slurp), QPR, (slurp), proper club. (Nom nom), Dinna cum in me mouth though, marra. It'll put iz off me fostaz. How much do you hate the mags, marra? You nearly there, yet?'

• Haha 4

:lol: Aye, there’s been numerous threads this season about fans of other Championship clubs either slagging us off or being goaded into slagging us off by the mackems to back that up.

The best part of the whole thing is I genuinely don’t care what fans of Wolves, Cardiff, Brighton, or whoever else think of my club. They can all sling their hooks as far as I’m concerned.

We had that simple lad claiming to be a Leicester fan on here the other week, saying some positive things about NUFC in between his shite digs. He’d have been given a MLF plaque on Ready to groom if it was about them but on here he largely got ignored other than a few of us telling him he was a wank. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Aye, there’s been numerous threads this season about fans of other Championship clubs either slagging us off or being goaded into slagging us off by the mackems to back that up.

The best part of the whole thing is I genuinely don’t care what fans of Wolves, Cardiff, Brighton, or whoever else think of my club. They can all sling their hooks as far as I’m concerned.

We had that simple lad claiming to be a Leicester fan on here the other week, saying some positive things about NUFC in between his shite digs. He’d have been given a MLF plaque on Ready to groom if it was about them but on here he largely got ignored other than a few of us telling him he was a wank. 

:lol:

Maybe the Wolves fans would have dressed up to mock the Sunderland fans if they were notable for anything other than being our rivals? It's hard to dress up as a half empty stadium, a financial mess, or a sex offender.

• Haha 1

Had a look over there after reading howay's posts. Please, RTG, never, ever change. :lol::lol:

I've said it before, but a shrink would have a fucking field day on there studying their 'Mag' paranoia, similar to that paleontologist finding himself in Jurassic park. They wouldn't know where to start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:lol::lol::lol: Desperate, fucking desperate to make links to everyone and everything. The bloke owns them the daft bastards don’t need to make up links. How would a bloke remember a random conversation with another bloke on a footy pitch from 9 years ago? It’s not like this bloke is famous, he’s just a well off business man. 

The bottom line is this bloke is a chancer, an absolute fucking chancer. He has a lower net worth than half the mackem playing staff. He got handed the club plans to cut costs to basically fuck all and try and turn a profit. They’ll be hoying blue pop and cheesy chips at him within 12 month. 

Btw the bloke posting about how he knows the area where Stewart lives and it’s full of millionaires (no shite, millionaires usually live in areas like that) and from that he extrapolates that all the blokes neighbors and mates will be chucking in millions each :lol::lol: this lot call us deluded man. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

:lol::lol: 

M L fucking F

M L fucking F

I know he is, I'm sure he is

He's M L fucking F

F T fucking M

F T fucking M

I've seen his badge, eys a real cush gadge,

F T fucking M

Have you ever seen a Mag in Kiev?

Apart from 1997 and 2002

The Doc is upping the meds

The Doc is upping the meds

I'm schizophrenic and so am I

The Doc is upping the meds.

• Haha 5

The mackems seem to have found the possible holding co set up to be given the club (since I still reckon they were given it for nowt). It lists Stewart, his Mam, a PR mate of Stewart who’s worth about £4m, and another 37 year old :lol::lol:   

One of them started saying he’s heard this is just the initial consortium and the Spanish group (this Spanish thing is being treat as fact now :lol: ) will come in with financial backing ‘when’ they’re back in the Championship. He heard it via a PM from someone else on the forum but of course couldn’t say who :lol: who needs TV when we have this lot of fucking plugs to watch. What sort of Consortium would be set up like that :lol:

League One must be shaking, a powerful consortium of two blokes who would be bankrupted if they tried to buy Gayle and one of their Mam’s. I hope this makes the Netflix documentary. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Howay said:

The mackems seem to have found the possible holding co set up to be given the club (since I still reckon they were given it for nowt). It lists Stewart, his Mam, a PR mate of Stewart who’s worth about £4m, and another 37 year old :lol::lol:   

One of them started saying he’s heard this is just the initial consortium and the Spanish group (this Spanish thing is being treat as fact now :lol: ) will come in with financial backing ‘when’ they’re back in the Championship. He heard it via a PM from someone else on the forum but of course couldn’t say who :lol: who needs TV when we have this lot of fucking plugs to watch. What sort of Consortium would be set up like that :lol:

League One must be shaking, a powerful consortium of two blokes who would be bankrupted if they tried to buy Gayle and one of their Mam’s. I hope this makes the Netflix documentary. 

Very good.

8 hours ago, Howay said:

This is starting to look a bit 'gold' this takeover/giveaway. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Donald had to ask if he could attend the Wolves game .WTF was that about?

He had no previous ticket history. He might've been a Mag. :good:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

They’re fucked tbh, an owner with no cash and no experience of running a football league club. He was chairman of Eastleigh where he tried and failed to buy promotion. We may never play them in the league again.

JXUulx0.jpg

• Haha 1