mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol::lol: What a fucking shambles they are. 

They’ll no doubt be buzzing with these appointments, yet STILL can’t understand how we get excited about Rafael Benitez managing us. 

Going off the ridiculousness of their appointments I’m impatiently awaiting the reveal of Mr Blobby as chief scout/bus driver/club secretary (they need to graft since the debt free club is in a financial hole). 

I think one of the best parts about all of this is every time they do something shite like: have an owner with a tenner to his name, appoint the fucking St Mirren manager, and Samson the cat as their Manager and DoF combo, they immediately start acting like Newcastle fans will be gutted/fuming/jealous :lol::lol: 

• Haha 3

Claimed a load of posters on here were ‘bricking it’ when it looked like Staveley was about to buy the mags yet has remarkably gone quiet now that we’ve been taken over :lol:

- Some stupid bellend on RTG. Do they honestly not see the difference between Amanda Stavely taking you over in the premier league and Eastleighs finest chancer taking over THAT in league 1. :lol:

I pray they never change :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:D

Only the Mackems could fail so comprehensively 3 months before a ball is competitively skied in to the closed sections of The Bungalow of No Lights. 

Samson the fucking Cat :spit:

Actually, I guarantee they haven’t considered how they’ll retrieve the many, many balls that end up getting wellied in to the closed sections. 

Some poor cunt will be spending their Saturdays  legging it around the upper tiers howking balls back down to the pitch, double-quick as the budget won’t stretch to more than one spare matchball. 

:D

• Haha 2

This new owner is absolutely the type of bloke who will be seen down the club shop, printing names on the back of new tops to show that everyone is mucking in. They're going to be run like a destitute non-league club that values "community" and I, for one, can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This new owner is absolutely the type of bloke who will be seen down the club shop, printing names on the back of new tops to show that everyone is mucking in. They're going to be run like a destitute non-league club that values "community" and I, for one, can't wait.

The Care in The Community Club

With over 16,000 season cards already sold, Stewart has challenged the club’s supporters to beat last season’s total of 20,000 and to help them do so he has extended the deadline to purchase reduced price season cards until 5pm on Friday 22 June.

Basically management speak 101 to blame subordinates for failure because they didn't step-up to the challenge set out without getting anyone to agree to it before hand.   If they don't hit the 20k they aren't true supporters and if they do then they are, although it has no impact to what the actual result will be.   Idiots will lap this shit up.

source - I've used this and seen it used as a motivational tool to make people work harder because it makes the individual feel as if they've let others down if they don't without any risk to me.  It's pretty much a dick move.

Edited by Leon

2 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

ross the boss v wearside jack

time will tell

either way that's a few spears the SMB has chucked towards Newcastle 

Why are they comparing themselves to NUFC and Rafael Benitez? They’re a League One side, they are a million miles away from the type of club we are. To say otherwise is completely delusional. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Howay said:

Why are they comparing themselves to NUFC and Rafael Benitez? They’re a League One side, they are a million miles away from the type of club we are. To say otherwise is completely delusional. 

Because there’s nothing else. We’re the only thing that gives them relevance, and let’s face it, we’re mediocre PL also rans (and only because we have a world class manager). If it wasn’t so funny it would be sad and baffling

• Like 1

Oh aye we are absolutely everything to them, I just find it fucking hilarious that I can with complete confidence say them comparing themselves to us is delusional. 

I find it funny that they still try and claim they are everything to us as well. While I post a lot about them I didn’t watch a single one of their Championship games, I know for a fact basically all of their forum can’t say the same about our PL season nor our Championship one. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye but that'll all become readily apparent to them when the club organise a competition for a lucky fan to mow the pitch to save money

• Haha 1

Charlie Methven talking to A Love Supreme :icon_lol: 

“Denis Smith was a great manager for both clubs (Oxford and Sunderland) I think, and a great man, I absolutely love Denis.

“So it (Sunderland) has always been a club that I’ve been somewhat fond of from an early age — for some reason I’ve always had an antipathy towards Newcastle.

“I mean that wasn’t a determining factor in this, but it does mean I’ve always had a slight soft spot for Sunderland because I’ve always found Newcastle to be a rather arrogant club.

“They seem to think that they’re special, and they don’t understand that every club is special.

mackems love him now he's slagged off The Mags  

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/als-methven-interview.1432242/

Edited by Tdansmith