mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

52 minutes ago, Renton said:

Reading RTG at the moment is akin to being on a guided tour of a lunatic asylum. I mean, it's just beyond bizarre.

I suppose they might compare it to our optimism post relegation when we found out Benitez was staying and was funded to return straight up, which he did.

But the situations don't compare any serious analysis. They've just been relegated to the third tier with a pathetic points total. Bottom of the league relegated by Burton ffs. :icon_lol:

Then they've swapped a billionaire owner for a relatively penniless chancer. As has been said, if Short couldn't make it work with tens of millions of pounds of investment, why will this Donald person. And of course they have drafted in a manager - from the Scottish second tier ffs! :icon_lol:

Their hatred of Ellis Short I never understood either. He invested and ultimately propped up the club. His managerial choices were largely sound I thought. So what had he done wrong, can anybody enlighten me? He even wore an FTM badge ffs. :icon_lol:

I suspect the problem with Sunderland is more profound than even the owner. They've been utter shit through at least four owners I can think of, countless managers, and hundreds of players. I think, reading the SMB and having the misfortune to visit the shit hole this week, the problem is the place and inhabitants themselves. RTG just highlights this perfectly. Utterly obsessed with their neighbours and absolutely reeking of small timeness and delusion.

The insane utterings of that board is the sound of the bars banging at Bedlam. Long may it continue but it's strangely uncomfortable to witness. 

We're debt free and the new manager looks like he maynes biznuss anarrl with his ams fuldad like Sean Connery, marra.

:cool:

Edited by Howmanheyman

I was working with some lads from North Wales the other week, when they announced him. 

“ Sunderland have just appointed Jack Ross as manager, boyos. Yacky Da!”

” Who?”

” Silly me- they’re a small League One club on the outskirts of Newcastle.”

• Haha 2

On 02/06/2018 at 10:07, Tdansmith said:

Bloody hell ! 

the sad fuckers are leaving NUFC alone for a while and picking on Derby County.

First Coventry now Derby, that's two clubs they wont be best mates with :icon_lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jamie-redknapp-thinks-derby-are-sleeping-giants.1432927/

The makems honestly believe they're one of the biggest clubs in the country,based on fuck all really.There attendee figures at the BOL wouldn't put them in the top 20 in English football.3 major trophies since trench warfare.4 games played in europe.A joke of a club in this country and not known throughout Europe and beyond.

sunluns a massive club.😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The makems honestly believe they're one of the biggest clubs in the country,based on fuck all really.There attendee figures at the BOL wouldn't put them in the top 20 in English football.3 major trophies since trench warfare.4 games played in europe.A joke of a club in this country and not known throughout Europe and beyond.

sunluns a massive club.😂😂😂😂😂

I honestly have no idea where they get the notion about their ‘potential’ from. They had a billionaire hoying loads of money at them for several years and after narrowly avoiding relegation for  5 years or so (almost miraculously on at least one occasion) they ended up having consecutive relegations anyway. 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2018 at 21:29, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This new owner is absolutely the type of bloke who will be seen down the club shop, printing names on the back of new tops to show that everyone is mucking in. They're going to be run like a destitute non-league club that values "community" and I, for one, can't wait.

Told you

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I honestly have no idea where they get the notion about their ‘potential’ from. They had a billionaire hoying loads of money at them for several years and after narrowly avoiding relegation for  5 years or so (almost miraculously on at least one occasion) they ended up having consecutive relegations anyway. 

Spot on, they always like to act as if we are absurd for disliking Ashley and point to him spending money, they hate any mention of the actual net spend being low. Yet when it comes to Short they often just spent lots and rarely recouped anything back, players like Khazri, N’Dong, Borini, and (convicted Paedophile) Adam Johnson all cost around our club record fee and that’s just a sample of the very recent ones (3 of which they still have on their books, they all wish they had the 4th despite his transgressions). There are plenty more like Bent, Gyan, etc. 

They love to act like our fan base is full of morons and Ashley is doing a good job despite us. If that’s the case I’d put a lot of Short’s failures right at their door, how is he supposed to account for fans of the club racially abusing the star players mother which made him leave the club? Or hounding out the best manager they’ve had in yonks because he happened to be from Newcastle (despite him showing no affinity towards NUFC at any point in his career)? He also had to constantly over pay for players as Sunderland is probably the worst (if not the worst) destination in the PL as a ‘city’, so his only option was to offer players more than the going rate. They like to try and act like we’re in that bracket with them and while we may lose out on some that want to live in London we definitely don’t face that issue to the extent they do. 

The fact they fucking hate this bloke and are lapping up these two chancers because they are kissing up a bit and ‘rolling up their sleeves’ shows their mentality. They can’t get their heads around why we don’t like Ashley, they just need to look at Short and imagine if he was tighter with the budget, renamed the stadium to advertise his brand for fuck all, hired an MD that literally said “they don’t know how nasty we can be” about the fan base, hired Joe Kinnear multiple times, treat not one, but two club legends with absolute disdain to the point one of them sued the club and won. That’s only half of it as well. They blame Short as it’s a shield, he tried to make them a competitive side but despite spending money and doing all he could it just wouldn’t happen, so rather than acknowledge their lack of potential as a club (short of a Man City style takeover which you could say about any club) they call him a nasty shit owner. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

Latest mackem made up story..... better than the usual "mag at work"

It's.... maggie in shrewsbury:icon_lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/i-met-a-man-today.1433033/

"Yesterday I seen a man with the old hooped scum top on .
He was about 60 . I stared at him and simply sniggered . He must have thought I was mental"

He would have been spot on too. Fucking hell. 

• Haha 6

Great post isn't it? Fucking hell, they are actually morphing into Gollum so eaten up and bitter they've become. The only difference is one says 'my precious' whilst they adopted 'Mags' and 'FTM' instead.

• Haha 1