mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

:blush:

Did Fish ghost write that shit?

I think that's more embarrassing than anything we've ever done. Worse than the fake funeral. Worse than the horse punching. Worse than signing Joe fucking Kinnear as manager. 

Fucking hell. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

:blush:

Did Fish ghost write that shit?

I think that's more embarrassing than anything we've ever done. Worse than the fake funeral. Worse than the horse punching. Worse than signing Joe fucking Kinnear as manager. 

Fucking hell. 

But worse than the toon dossier for Hitzfeld?

lukas ramsauer isn’t sure tbh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

He’s shite tbf.

If only someone had told us that before...

I think my favorite part of that is I can’t remember a single person on here rating him in anyway. 

Fwiw I think he’s shite and always have but my major gripe with him is he’s basically a shot stopper, he has no command of his area, and doesn’t seem to hold onto anything. I think Southgate is picking him purely as he seems more comfortable passing to the defenders but I’d feel far more comfortable with Butland or Pope in goal. 

Edited by Howay

2 hours ago, Howay said:

I’d feel far more comfortable with Butland or Pope in goal. 

Aye, Butland's been playing to a decent level for years, and Pope just had a brilliant season. Pickford faced a shit ton of shots at Sunderland and looked decent because of that, but honestly, he was terrible for Everton this season.

I've not been on RTG in ages, are they all still fully behind Stewart Donald, or have they begun to see him for what he so obviously is?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howay said:

I think my favorite part of that is I can’t remember a single person on here rating him in anyway. 

Fwiw I think he’s shite and always have but my major gripe with him is he’s basically a shot stopper, he has no command of his area, and doesn’t seem to hold onto anything. I think Southgate is picking him purely as he seems more comfortable passing to the defenders but I’d feel far more comfortable with Butland or Pope in goal. 

Good post apart from the first sentence which is total bollocks.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Aye, Butland's been playing to a decent level for years, and Pope just had a brilliant season. Pickford faced a shit ton of shots at Sunderland and looked decent because of that, but honestly, he was terrible for Everton this season.

I've not been on RTG in ages, are they all still fully behind Stewart Donald, or have they begun to see him for what he so obviously is?

They still love him.They're so desperate for him to succeed,after the FTM Short era,it will take a lot before they  turn on their new owner.

I thought Pickford looked good when we played Everton this year. Hadn’t seen much of him prior to that if I’m honest. 

He he hasn’t had a lot to do in this World Cup. I don’t like how when he’s had to make a save the ball comes back out into the danger area. His distribution looks good though and he seems happy playing short balls out of defence 

I don't think Pope looks that great tbh.  My brother in law is from Burnley and he doesn't think he's a patch on Heaton.  He's undoubtedly done well this season but I think he's been helped by the way Burnley are set up.   They allow quite a few shots but not from area's where their keeper has to make really good saves.  So he just makes a high number of saves you would really expect to see a decent keeper make.  

Butland looks far and away the best of the bunch for me.

8 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I don't think Pope looks that great tbh.  My brother in law is from Burnley and he doesn't think he's a patch on Heaton.  He's undoubtedly done well this season but I think he's been helped by the way Burnley are set up.   They allow quite a few shots but not from area's where their keeper has to make really good saves.  So he just makes a high number of saves you would really expect to see a decent keeper make.  

Your brother in law from Burnley is wrong

On 29/06/2018 at 14:07, David Kelly said:

I always trust the keeper with the biggest wanger. One day a crucial save will be made by a wanger.

And a pump.

Edited by Chronic the Drug Wasp
  • Haha 1