mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Yeah hopefully...but given that streaming is largely ad based for £ I can't see much incentive to broadcast NUFC U21s. :lol:

Wait and see...but given the one off stupidity of the fixture I'd be tempted to throw a tenner at it for the potential laugh. Potential.

21 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

TBF, I thought it was a bit radge that he doesn't keep an eye on other leagues but then I remembered he's past 70 and it's amazing he's got the energy to focus on Palace at all  :lol: 

I thought his answer made perfect sense.  Which premier league manager has time to watch every tinpot club in the country?  I've heard of Maja because he's scoring quite a few goals for our local rivals.  But I've got no clue who most of the rest of their team are apart from Max Power (because of the name and the fact he keeps getting sent off) and I've got absolutely no idea what players from other clubs are doing well in that league.  As he says it would be his scouting team who would bring someone like that to his attention (just the same as it would be for most players in other leagues).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I thought his answer made perfect sense.  Which premier league manager has time to watch every tinpot club in the country?  I've heard of Maja because he's scoring quite a few goals for our local rivals.  But I've got no clue who most of the rest of their team are apart from Max Power (because of the name and the fact he keeps getting sent off) and I've got absolutely no idea what players from other clubs are doing well in that league.  As he says it would be his scouting team who would bring someone like that to his attention (just the same as it would be for most players in other leagues).

Surely you did not forget "Catts" did you?

On 09/01/2019 at 02:50, RobinRobin said:

Surely you did not forget "Catts" did you?

Aye well the few like him, Oviedo, Watmore and McGeady who were with them in the premier league I know but the rest I'd not have a clue who they were if I passed them in the street.

• Like 1

Got talking to an Irish lad at Newcastle airport, said he ran a Newcastle forum called toonie tastic or something? Reckoned at least half of them on there were massive lads fans when they were bairns but got their heads turned in 1992 when NUFC were formed. True story, marra. :good:

• Haha 2

:D

Strange how they never question their own player’s odd reluctance to, you know, live in the town they play for. 

By their logic, that would mean… nah… it couldn’t be…

FTM, MLF, LEAGUE 1 FOR LYFE, ANCE IN ME PANCE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Melt down because they only drew and are only third :lol: Ross tactically inept. 

In fairness it's only league one and they spent a fucking fortune. They should be walking it :lol: 

17 hours ago, Tom said:

In fairness it's only league one and they spent a fucking fortune. They should be walking it :lol: 

Has that young lad Maja told them to fuck off yet?

Some bloke on there was having a go at Newcastle posters the other day saying that he posts to 20 of his real life mates and talks about something he loves (ie sunderland). Essentially indicating that that is what RTG SMB is for… all marras together having a crack.

So has the entire concept of the internet just wooshed him? He is one of the more prominent posters too.

Like as if he simply doesn’t get that literally billions of unconnected folk can read their site and interact if they wish??

Edited by Dougle
adding a T to 'at'
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Some bloke on there was having a go at Newcastle posters the other day saying that he posts to 20 of his real life mates and talks about something he loves (ie sunderland). Essentially indicating that that is what RTG SMB is for… all marras together having a crack.

So has the entire concept of the internet just wooshed him? He is one of the more prominent posters too.

Like as if he simply doesn’t get that literally billions of unconnected folk can read their site and interact if they wish??

I cannot understand the anger that some of them have whenever a Newcastle fan posts something in a thread about Newcastle. If you're that bothered, just put the poster on ignore. 

Aye the anger thing always gets me too. I was in a pub down in Sussex (Pound Hill to be exact) a few years back having returned to the UK after a long shift working abroad. I heard some North Eastern accents at the bar, picked up that Wearside twang and simply said “Excuse me lads are you Mackems?” To which I received the reply of “AYE  WHAT THE FUCKS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU, YOU FUCKING GEORDIE CUNT?” (If anything my accent is Northumbrian) Delivered with full purple faced, froth mouthed, spittle delivering aggression.

Then again I suppose being asked by a stranger if you’re a Mackem must be insulting.