mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

it will be hilarious if they can’t get out of league 1 at the first attempt :icon_lol:

there’s something to be said about buying your way out of a league when you’re a “big club”..  you broke makem soap dodgers 

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Anything less than finishing top is their worst season in their entire history. But all of that can be undone if the Don has a dig at the mags in Twitter 

:lol: Aye they won’t click that Donald and Methven are utter fucking chancers that have no hope of bringing the club forward as long as that keeps happening. 

It’s clear they don’t know what they’re doing. Any player that leaves gets a bitter “good fucking riddance” type send off, that will really encourage people to join knowing that type of professional atmosphere is there. They weren’t getting to where they thought would be easy to be so they’ve spunked likely a large amount of what’s left in the coffers on a fucking shite striker on the basis of a ripped off song and a purple patch he had the other season. 

I’m sure Honeyman or whatever shite they have in midfield are far better according to them. 

Just had a quick look, apparently Lascelles would be lucky to be worth £10m, meanwhile they’ve paid basically half that for an average League One striker. They are fucking ridiculous :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

I read that :lol: a couple of hours after the discussion started there was an article about how Mourinho told Woodward to sign him. Obviously expected to only pay £10m though.

It's probably a mental block where they refuse to accept that he's worth more than their ENTIRE CLUB :lol:

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They’re going to have to go on some winning run to get in the top two since Luton and Barnsley don’t look like they’re going to drop many points. So, they need to go on streaks of 4/5 wins on the bounce but they absolutely don’t know how to kill teams off. What a shame

Both currently winning 2-0. :lol:

The levels of delusional arrogance they have shown this season towards other league 1 teams is embarrassing tbh, I mean for fuck sake half of their stadium got closed off because they are such a HUGE club. They never learn do they? They expected to walk the championship (the pub leeg marra) and got relegated while enjoying Burton and then this season most of them expected to walk league 1 now it’s sinking in that they probably won’t go up and they are slowly turning on the club, manager, players ect. The amount of times I’ve seen ‘the clubs to big for the players and the manager, the pressures to much’ type comments is unreal as well (we are the delusional ones though) but the saddest part of it all is that we are still largely the main talking point on that forum despite the position they find themselves in.. they can say that we are obsessed all they want but take one look at RTG on any given day and it’s crystal clear which side of our rivalry holds the most obsession for the other.

Imagine how  even more rabid they would be if in a couple more years they are still stuck in league 1 being everyones cup final every week (they actually say that) and we are in the prem under new ownership.. I think it would just about push most of them over the edge. 

Edited by 247
  • Like 3

Sunderland is a shithole and their ground is shit too. All they have that the rest of the division doesn't is 30,000 empty seats. Although it's instructive how far they have to fall before they start being other teams 'cup finals'.

Teams raised their games against us and got their record attendances both times we went down, because we were a big draw, someone they hate & want to beat. Sunderland fit in with that division quite well & I'd say there's a score of clubs ran better. 

They've been buying snake oil off Stu for too long and it's going to haunt them wonderfully. 

• Like 3

A lot of teams were scared of us and weren't used to playing in front of 50,000 + fans. It's a bit different for the mackems as they're shite and half the ground is closed. 

So I think people almost jokingly refer to them as a big scalp, almost like it's an easy big scalp like getting 5 stars early on in GTA but you've done the weapons cheat.

• Haha 2