mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

42 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Catts :lol: how's he only 30 still. Seems a lifetime ago that he played for boro

I would have guessed he was thirty about 8 years ago :lol: 

Being banned from all the pubs must keep his skin fresh. 

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

That seems to be for some sort of kids party!  That's disturbing on so many levels.

It’s the last fucking time I let Uncal Mick organise my kid’s birthday party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

:lol: They really are a special breed. Even that thread quickly turns into digs at NUFC. 

They’re such a fucking arrogant bunch as well, they’re a boring, bog standard club. They constantly talk about how they’re such a fantastic fan base, yet the club are always offering heavily reduced or even free tickets, afaik they don’t hold any attendance record for any league they’ve been in, and they are very quick to turn on players, managers, etc. Their stadium is a soulless, boring, flat pack shithole in the middle of a car park, miles from anything. Some of the best players they have ever had are Kevin Phillips and Niall Quinn. They’ve played less games in Europe than Bolton Wanderers, Millwall, etc iirc. Yet there is a thread with a decent amount trying to go on about how special they are :lol::lol: 

• Haha 4

There's a weird mentality for a significant number on there, where they have to twist, or obfuscate reality just to have a dig at Newcastle. It must be exhausting.

I don't think we have the same odd need to reimagine the truth to fit a biased agenda because of an erstwhile football rivalry. And it's not just Benitez they've done this for. Pardew wasn't shit, Robson was. Gullit and Dalgish weren't but Keegan was. Allardyce is brilliant and definitely not a long ball manager. We demand attacking football and would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. We demand a big name despite being happy enough with Hughton. We demand attacking stylish football, despite being happy enough with Hughton. We demand big money signings, despite being happy enough with Perez, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar... 

I've got Chelsea and Arsenal mates, Man Utd and Man City mates, Liverpool and Norwich and Wimbledon mates, even West Ham and Stockport mates. None of them think Benitez is anything but a top coach, not even the Man Utd and Chelsea lads. None of them think Ashley is a good owner. None of them think Newcastle fans demand Keegan's football. Now, if they were saying this to Newcastle fans, I'd kind of understand they're trying to have a bit of a laugh, but they repeat it to each other in some sort of weird self perpetuating fantasy.

Given that Sunderland are absolutely fucking shit and will be for the foreseeable future I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be out of their depth if they manage to sneak a promotion. 

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

There's a weird mentality for a significant number on there, where they have to twist, or obfuscate reality just to have a dig at Newcastle. It must be exhausting.

I don't think we have the same odd need to reimagine the truth to fit a biased agenda because of an erstwhile football rivalry. And it's not just Benitez they've done this for. Pardew wasn't shit, Robson was. Gullit and Dalgish weren't but Keegan was. Allardyce is brilliant and definitely not a long ball manager. We demand attacking football and would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. We demand a big name despite being happy enough with Hughton. We demand attacking stylish football, despite being happy enough with Hughton. We demand big money signings, despite being happy enough with Perez, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar... 

I've got Chelsea and Arsenal mates, Man Utd and Man City mates, Liverpool and Norwich and Wimbledon mates, even West Ham and Stockport mates. None of them think Benitez is anything but a top coach, not even the Man Utd and Chelsea lads. None of them think Ashley is a good owner. None of them think Newcastle fans demand Keegan's football. Now, if they were saying this to Newcastle fans, I'd kind of understand they're trying to have a bit of a laugh, but they repeat it to each other in some sort of weird self perpetuating fantasy.

That's a lot of mates

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Given that Sunderland are absolutely fucking shit and will be for the foreseeable future I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be out of their depth if they manage to sneak a promotion. 

A couple of weeks ago Donny admitted he doesn't and won't have the money to invest for a promotion push if they go up. Not pissing this league must be an eye-opener for the deluded twat.