mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

On 2/25/2019 at 18:40, Tom said:

Given that Sunderland are absolutely fucking shit and will be for the foreseeable future I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be out of their depth if they manage to sneak a promotion. 

Aye, if they managed to get promoted to the Championship (will never stop being funny btw), they're miles behind the teams who're aiming for play-offs, let alone automatic promotion. Is next summer the last Parachute payment? What will their owner do when the the crowds stay away? He's not got the money to keep such a large entity ticking over himself. 

How long will it take for them to get into the top flight again? 5yrs, 10?

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Aye, if they managed to get promoted to the Championship (will never stop being funny btw), they're miles behind the teams who're aiming for play-offs, let alone automatic promotion. Is next summer the last Parachute payment? What will their owner do when the the crowds stay away? He's not got the money to keep such a large entity ticking over himself. 

How long will it take for them to get into the top flight again? 5yrs, 10?

Listen man this Donald fella has experience at Eastleigh or someone. He's the ideal man to get a skint, failing football club back to the biggest league in world football. 

• Like 1

:lol: They’ll have rushed home from their long day of drinking cans at the kids park to watch Newcastle United. Rooting for Burnley the whole way, every Newcastle player is complete shite, that new lad is invisible his pass to Ritchie helped set up the second goal but he’s shite and didn’t do anything. 

Honestly man they need to get a grip. I’ve seen maybe one Sunderland game in three years. Why are they watching us? Especially in such a pathetically blinkered way, they just keep calling Longstaff shite for example meanwhile he’s getting pretty universal praise from pundits. But aye Duncan Watmore plugging away doing naff all against League One defenders is way better. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, SpartaFC said:

It's the spelling of McMenemy that got me. 

The quote to "Buy them Burn them"  of "Only if they're in his pockets at the time" was very witty, mind has to be said

Edited by PhilK

Aye but can you imagine actually being from Sunderland. Supporting that team. Living in that city.

I mean hatred is quite possibly all some of them have.

• Haha 2