mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

51 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Didn't Benitez fail because we only scraped winning the championship because of a Brighton implosion or something though?

Yeah, but just because they're ignorant of the broader context, doesn't mean should lower our standards of scrutiny.

• Jaysus... 1

38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, but just because they're ignorant of the broader context, doesn't mean should lower our standards of scrutiny.

Of course it does :lol: I mean, I think you're suggesting that we acknowledge the achievement of a runners-up promotion from league one (should it happen). Not only would that mean ignoring the incredible hypocrisy of their fans celebrating it after the way they carried on, it'd be their lowest ever league finish as a club. As rival fans a suggestion that we should not ridicule that and acknowledge it as a success seems a bit bizarre tbh

Aye, quite why we should be rational and level-headed about anything they do when they're incapable of doing it themselves is a weird one. Collapsing into the third tier was a disaster and the fact that their promotion hopes rest on a mammoth run of games in a month is another one. Luton lost their manager half way through the season and they're still beating everyone left, right and centre

12 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I'm still hoping they get beat in the play-offs, without reaching the final. A longer close season of being totally pissed off. 

Actually would almost be worth it for them to get promoted automatically, and the relegated again next season. :) 

17 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Of course it does :lol: I mean, I think you're suggesting that we acknowledge the achievement of a runners-up promotion from league one (should it happen). Not only would that mean ignoring the incredible hypocrisy of their fans celebrating it after the way they carried on, it'd be their lowest ever league finish as a club. As rival fans a suggestion that we should not ridicule that and acknowledge it as a success seems a bit bizarre tbh

I suppose in the makem mind winning either the Third Tier League or promotion from the third tier is something we'll never do so worth celebrating. Seething we'll be next month, because I still believe they'll go up. LALAS. 

They ripped the piss out of SJH for saying much less cringeworthy things than the new owners. And Hall actually delivered 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

:lol: This Netflix show man. The Don has also been banging on about it being what has drawn the interest of potential investors, and etc. Which fucking maniac would watch that and think they seem like a good investment in any way? :lol: 

47 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Heard somewhere a leading sanitary towel company are interested as they feel their brand would 'help the club through a bad period'. :good:

Many Sunderland fans held a lasting grudge against Jimmy Hill – when Sunderland played his then club Fulham in 2008, he waved to the Sunderland fans in response to their less-than-friendly chants – and had to be ushered away by police for his own safety.

:lol: