mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

They can be shit down there with little consequences. :good:

@The Fish

I'd fucking love for them to fail in the Play Off semi final. Not even the "glory" of a Play Off final to enjoy. All their optimism would turn to ash in their mouth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They have to go away to Joey Barton at the end of the month. Write your own ending here.

Barton shithouses to a 2-0 win, one soft penalty and one offside goal?

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd fucking love for them to fail in the Play Off semi final. Not even the "glory" of a Play Off final to enjoy. All their optimism would turn to ash in their mouth.

Aye, I’ve never been one of the people hoping they lose out in the final. I want them to lose the first playoff game comfortably, just a proper wet fart to end the season, then the exodus of any players they had from higher tiers would start. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

Just now, Howay said:

Aye, I’ve never been one of the people hoping they lose out in the final. I want them to lose the first playoff game comfortably, just a proper wet fart to end the season, then the exodus of any players they had from higher tiers would start. 

Be harder to sell their club to Premier League loanees if they're no longer expected to be bouncing straight back. If they do fail to get up to the Championship (which is hilarious in and of itself) it will only get harder to manage it in the future.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Be harder to sell their club to Premier League loanees if they're no longer expected to be bouncing straight back. If they do fail to get up to the Championship (which is hilarious in and of itself) it will only get harder to manage it in the future.

Aye, the level of player they could attract would immediately drop. I might be misremembering but didn’t they piss off a few PL sides this season or last for not giving the loanees the roles promised? 

Honestly, the club is fucking poisonous. I personally think the fact they’re not in the top spots to be pathetic, but regardless the fans have basically spent the season not turning up and the ones that do immediately get on the players backs the second it’s not going their way. Why would you want to loan youth players there tbh. 

Just now, Howay said:

Aye, the level of player they could attract would immediately drop. I might be misremembering but didn’t they piss off a few PL sides this season or last for not giving the loanees the roles promised? 

Honestly, the club is fucking poisonous. I personally think the fact they’re not in the top spots to be pathetic, but regardless the fans have basically spent the season not turning up and the ones that do immediately get on the players backs the second it’s not going their way. Why would you want to loan youth players there tbh. 

It's not even like they've been playing good football. Like, you wouldn't mind sending your young striker to 2017/18's Fulham because they were playing some cracking stuff. He'd get opportunities as long as he's putting the ball in the back of the net.

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: True. You’re also exposing your youth player to the complete lack of professionalism and apparent drinking culture of SAFC. 

How old will Cattermole be when he leads their team out in the Checkatrade Trophy against Sheffield Utd's U21s next season? :lol: