mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Some kid on there claiming the owners didn’t want promotion this season. :lol: Because that’s more plausible than them being badly ran. I would imagine they were absolutely banking on getting out the division at the first attempt 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Some kid on there claiming the owners didn’t want promotion this season. :lol: Because that’s more plausible than them being badly ran. I would imagine they were absolutely banking on getting out the division at the first attempt 

Donny was on Radio Newcastle a few weeks ago and was asked what the financial situation would be if they were promoted. He said the parachute money will be crucial and that he alone couldn't compete with many other clubs regarding providing extra funds. Basically they are fucked if they don't come up and possibly fucked if they do. 

• Like 1

The idea that opposition players are able to engineer results to ensure Sunderland stay in the division so they can benefit financially. :lol:  If they were able to do that they’d just get themselves into one of the automatic promotion spots instead. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

1-1 lol

That sort of mild piss-taking by Newcastle fans seems to be about the only thing the mods on there take issue with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Wearside Jack getting some stick tonight :icon_lol:

“I can’t see meself being sacked just yet… I reckon your boys are letting you down, Don. They can’t be much good can they?”

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

The idea that opposition players are able to engineer results to ensure Sunderland stay in the division so they can benefit financially. :lol:  If they were able to do that they’d just get themselves into one of the automatic promotion spots instead. 

You don't understand, there's a cabal of mysterious Tyneside businessman with huge investments in league one paying massive bonuses to opponents of Sunderland to keep them down and keep Newcastle up or something. 

• Haha 3

The mackems have been going on all season about how it’s their must enjoyable season in years & how they’ve “got their club back”.

Never mind “The Don”, They loved Ellis Short as well & Niall Quinn when he was running the circus.

See how much they love him when they’re in the third flight next year or when theyre getting smashed off average championship clubs.

This is a realistic place for Sunderland to be, they’ve got a big ground but it’s falling to pieces and it’s in one of the worst towns in the country.

What do they honestly expect? They could only sign players before because they threw money at it & now they’re skint.

They aren’t “everyone’s cup final”, there’s nothing special about them between the clubs at the bottom of the championship and the ones at the top of league one.

They had 10 years of premier league football on the bounce and achieved literally nothing because their every achievement was levelled against what we were doing.

I hope they fucking rot. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3