mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

44 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If that doesn't define their season, I don't know what does :D

At least Grigg proved himself to be worth £4m though... Also, they fucking loved playing in League One anyway, was well better than being midtable in the PL iirc.

And didn't their chairman say that they were financially better off in lower league oblivion anyway? This is exactly what they wanted marras!

It is beautiful though :lol: They're not a freak League One accident now, they're a bona fide League One side with aspirations of being more... fucking ouch.

It is! They've been banging on about how shit it must be for us being also rans in the premiership all year, and you know, they're right, like most clubs we are also rans. So they must be relieved they're still insulated from that possibility by being two leagues away. 

It's nice to know all those returning coaches and trains are full of relieved mackems. :D

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Howay said:

I had 3 wisdom teeth yanked out yesterday, so struggling to avoid boozing it up to toast the end of the mackem promotion fun bus. 

As Rayvin says they get to watch proper football again next season! 

I bought a crate expecting to drop it off at a family party...turns out the party is tomorrow and I’ve opened it :lol: 

• Haha 2

Was reading on RTG just there one mackem who has a theory that Charlton scored their own goal on purpose and early, to force Sunderland to kick into the defensive, lead protecting mindset that has shafted them up and down all season :lol:

Have to say mind, there's been a lot of bravado from them in recent times, trying to find silver linings and so on... RTG atm though :lol: I hope the Samaritans prepared for this in advance.

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I imagine they’ll not be too downhearted seeing as most of them thought this season was so much fun.

At least they get another chance to go to Fleetwood and listen to captain pugwash's theme tune again so it hasn't been a total waste for them. :good:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, zerosum said:

they bang on about Almiron being a flop on that forum, even though he’s made a huge difference to our attack..

yet..

they bought will griggs ... :razz:

He’s on fire 🔥 though 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

That doesn't count, FFS. Wasn't even a 90 min match. :lol:

(However, if it does count, great. We beat Liverpool so our last Wembley success wasn't the 50's after all.)

I remember that. Wasn’t it 20 mins each way or something daft like that? 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember that. Wasn’t it 20 mins each way or something daft like that? 

It was 20 mins a game early on or 20 mins each way like you say. Can't remember which one now. We beat Liverpool with a pen from Spotty then got knocked out next game by 4th division Tranmere. :lol:

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

It was 20 mins a game early on or 20 mins each way like you say. Can't remember which one now. We beat Liverpool with a pen from Spotty then got knocked out next game by 4th division Tranmere. :lol:

I remember thinking at the time that was typical NUFC. Some things never change :lol: 

:lol: They’re a right bunch of fucking fannies mind, every fucking game they act like there’s riots going on and fights breaking out. 

“Aye marra, was all kicking off in block 223, row G, seats 55 through 82. Pretty sure it was mags, group of MLFs teamed up with Charlton heavies and kicked them all over. We are such a classy bunch” 

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What a day, my marrows, AMIRITE?! 

So good it makes me want to shit in a fountain :D

Edited by Kitman
  • Haha 1