mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm pretty sure they gambled their future on Will Grigg. :lol: 

I can't see how they're able to finance the same expenditure on wages and transfers next season in League 1.

Yeah that sounds very plausible. I mean they waited until right at the last minute to get him as well, which indicates it wasn't a comfortable decision.

Maybe we'll see Adam Johnson return as they'll be desperate enough, I expect. I imagine he'd be content playing for buttons at this point.

And let's be honest, it's certainly not beneath them.

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I honestly don't think there's anything more nailed on than him signing for them again. The PR bullshit will be something to behold.

I’m sure he just wants to do it for all the fans he’s let down, in the only way he knows how *

* is that enough Mr Methven?

Mackem cat reckons there's a Mag in the stands. He personally saw a scuffle, a lads fan clipped him. Probably took his top off him. Mag acted the cunt chinning very young lads fans and children. Definitely a Mag. I'm positive it happened, marra. He got a right howking off a lads fan. That'll teach the gravy Mag fan. 

giphy (5).gif

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

It's another long grind ahead. Plus they'll have 3 newly relegated teams to deal with as rivals. Wastes their final season of parachute payments, now they'll have to get promoted and live very well within their means.

I'm really glad it's not us tbh..

I’m really glad it’s them 

• Haha 4

:lol::lol: We’re at the curling up into a pathetic little ball stage. It’ll soon be the “they’re obsessed with us marras” stage, closely followed by the “you’re still going on about that ffs” stage. 

They have very short memories, the amount they went into us when we got relegated, despite it being clear as day they were next, means our lot are going to be ripping them for yonks.

A proper league one side now, they can say “we’ll get our turn” all they want, it’s not happening. The fact they’re still calling us a ton pot club, or “nothing club like Everton” yet again shows their delusion. 

They’re just pissed off that all these pointless Trafalgar Takeovers means there’s no dole money left to hire a plane banner to tour the country. 

“ Please be our friends”

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

They’re just pissed off that all these pointless Trafalgar Takeovers means there’s no dole money left to hire a plane banner to tour the country. 

“ Please be our friends”

Next season Scunny, Pompey and Coventry fans will be giving them another 'friendly' welcome. 

I see they have Tranmere to look forward to from the newly promoted sides also.

MK Dons, Lincoln city and Bury as well. They're now on par with Wimbledon's zombie.

6 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Next season Scunny, Pompey and Coventry fans will be giving them another 'friendly' welcome. 

Scunny got relegated to League Two mate. 

Keep up. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not near enough embarrassment about the behaviour of their fans in London.

They’re too classy for that. Must have been mags pretending to be MLF’s, all the proper MLF’s were having afternoon tea and complimenting the Charlton fans. 

• Haha 1

Does raise a smile when they're claiming friendships all over the shop, and in the same thread there's other saying they beat the shit out of opposition fans.

They want to be the fans every other clubs loves, and are afraid of. Fucking oddities.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Does raise a smile when they're claiming friendships all over the shop, and in the same thread there's other saying they beat the shit out of opposition fans.

They want to be the fans every other clubs loves, and are afraid of. Fucking oddities.

A very skewed view of life in general, they are the laughing stock of English football.

They should have already taken on the Millwall/Leeds approach. Revelling in the contempt the wider football world has for them. The reaction to the Netflix series (plus the reactions to the consecutive relegations), would surely have hammered home that they're seen as a fucking joke.