mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Not getting promoted last season has really knocked their end in. 4 games in and Perky is coming under fire from the most deluded supporters in football. Donny and Meths-heaven have gone missing as well as gone skint. No take over by Dellboy, only a sliding scale investment starting with £4m in January. They do still have Will Grigg and the ginger Van Basten though. 

:lol: So their shit performances will turn into wins? Aye sure they will. 

The two dipshits that own them both seem to have piped down about us this season. Maybe they really are settling into their reality as a middle of the road League One club. 

• Haha 1

A couple of wins and Donny and Meths will be back in the media. The drink-driver couldn't be found when the circumstances were similar and the gullable makems fell for it time and time again. Us being shite has given them a little breathing space. Us getting  relegated and them failing to get promotion equals success on Wearside. 

Given that pretty much every club in the Championship operates on a loss there’s no way they’re paying that back any time soon. It must be secured on the Don’s shares or more likely the ground/training ground.

£10m? Wonder if that's earmarked for player investment or, I suspect, covering the cost of running that club in League 1.

Do they still owe money on transfers?

:lol: So right back into debt after Short did them a massive favour. The Trotter brothers plan to pick it up and flip the shitty club ASAP has failed, £10m likely in part to keep the lights on as others have said since from past comments they were haemorraging money. 

• Haha 3

:lol:
I look forward to the next round of RTG getting hugely worked up about it all going golden, then two days, (at best), later the slow dawning of realisation that they’re even more fucked than they were this time last year. 

Fucking mint :lol:

• Haha 1

I said at the time they would've been debt free for an absolute maximum of a month depending on when they were bought and when the first bill came through the letterbox. They could've been in debt the very next day. Wiping all the debt was a magnificent gesture but the club were never back to stage one and on a sound footing. Their overheads far outreaching their income even with cost cutting it would do well to make up for the parachute payments stopping. I also thought part of Trotters independent trading company's bid was the last secured parachute payment going to Short if the Trotters couldn't pay it? So potentially even more in the shit unless Short wiped that as well or deferred it? 

• Like 2

Just from what I'm seen on RTG, there seems to be a mood change towards Short. Shit but well meaning. 

Probably because their savours have turned out to be the fucking chancers we pegged them for from day 1.