mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: Who would have ever guessed their relationship would end up like this. If only there was some way of noticing that two flashy wankers who bought that club for essentially its own future parachute payments, and came in constantly deflecting any bad news by insulting the rival club two divisions above would turn out to be a pair of complete fucking chancers who would do fucking nothing to back up all their early bluster. 

Shitty turgid little club, their horrible, backward thinking, relaxed fit acid wash Jean wearing trampy fan base finally got the owners they deserve. 

• Haha 9

The slightest thing goes wrong at NUFC & our six fingered cousin shaggers are straight on to it taking the piss.

Is there any other club with a “rival” two divisions below who gets the piss took out of them as much? 

If I were them I’d stay in my lane.

• Like 2

Just looked at their division and they're a point off the play offs despite their win on Saturday. However, what stuck out was the clubs in front of them.....

Coventry City, in a right state, have had to play at Northampton and are now using St. Andrews as their 'home', ahead of Sunderland, (Jimmy Hill likes this :good: )......

Fleetwood Town, managed by Scouse scroat Joey Barton who recently assaulted a rival manager and who were non-league not so many years ago. Oh aye, they also play the Captain Pugwash theme time when they score. :lol: Ahead of Sunderland.

Oxford United, managed by fuck knows playing at a stadium with only three stands. A decent side for a short spell in the 80s they've also had very lean times in the last thirty years. Ahead of Sunderland.

Peterborough United, apart from the odd spell in the 2nd division these are generally a 3rd or fourth division club. Famous for Barry Fry and Fergie's young'un managing them and having that daft cunt from talkshite supporting them. Ahead of Sunderland.

Ipswich Town. Currently second in a division they rarely grace, doing what Sunderland couldn't and will probably be in this league for the proverbial shit, shower and shave before heading back up. Ahead of Sunderland.

Wycombe Wanderers. Have been non league but have managed to be a half decent lower league side. Their striker had the mackems sussed the other week mocking them after the game. Ahead of Sunderland.

I sometimes don't think we really grasp just how far they've fallen. It should be temporary but they're fucked and temporary can sometimes last quite a few years. Anyway, I'm sure the Don will see them alright when he gets his new glasses. :good:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I remember them doing it! Then again, who fucking hasn't? :D

Remember Robert Maxwell’s attempt to merge them with Reading and rebrand them as Thames Valley Royals? 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Remember Robert Maxwell’s attempt to merge them with Reading and rebrand them as Thames Valley Royals? 

I can't remember that one! :lol:

I do remember Sir Tory Hall wanting to share a stadium with Sunderland in Gateshead for a couple of days till he realised nobody would go. 

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I do remember Sir Tory Hall wanting to share a stadium with Sunderland in Gateshead for a couple of days till he realised nobody would go. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Valley_Royals_proposal Went down like a shit sandwich with both sets of fans, predictably

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I think there was an even worse option than that - it was mooted to share their first draft of a new stadium at Sunderland "Airport" in Washington. 

3 hours ago, NJS said:

I think there was an even worse option than that - it was mooted to share their first draft of a new stadium at Sunderland "Airport" in Washington. 

Aye, that's right, it was Washington. Ffs what was he thinking the stupid cunt? :lol:

17 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I remember them doing it! Then again, who fucking hasn't? :D

sure they beat us 3-1 at their place en route.

was my first visit to oxford, the away end was called cuckoo lane, which was infinitely more memorable than the match! 

• Like 1

Hall was just another Ashley who knew fuck all about football. 

Like his sporting club stuff - why the fuck would I go and watch ice hockey or basketball just because they were affiliates? 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 2

Being in it for the wrong reasons isn't Halls fault though. If you take him, Edwards at Manu, Scholar & Sugar at spurs, Dein at Arsenal and a couple of others they all saw two things in the late 80s that drew them towards getting closely involved with owning football clubs:

1. The millions Murdoch was about to pour in

2. The change in ownership rules brought in by the FA that allowed them to form parent companies to own clubs' shares, these acted as vehicles for stuffing Murdochs cash straight into their back pockets. Before that clubs' directors werent allowed to take a wage, all they were entitled to was s small dividend if clubs were in profit and 99.99% of them hadn't been since the day they were founded . 

Look for blame if you want, but you'll not need to look further than the FA of Kelly & Millichip. Their rule change had at least as big an effect on football in England as the advent of sky did. Nothings been the same since. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2