mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

30 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Rodwell joins Sheff Utd, who are higher up the premier league than they are league one :icon_lol:

It'll be a cost effective punt with no pressure on Sheffield United but loads on the player as he'll not get away with being a lazy cunt with their manager. Be funny as fuck if the kid got his head doon and did a job for them. Even funnier if he scored a winning goal, was interviewed and said something along the lines of 'being at a proper football club now'. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It'll be a cost effective punt with no pressure on Sheffield United but loads on the player as he'll not get away with being a lazy cunt with their manager. Be funny as fuck if the kid got his head doon and did a job for them. Even funnier if he scored a winning goal, was interviewed and said something along the lines of 'being at a proper football club now'. :lol:

' ....and where the fans don't boo their own players'

On 12/27/2019 at 16:14, Rayvin said:

Is anyone paying close enough attention ( @The Fish ) to their team to identify the reason they currently suck?

Honestly they shouldn't be midtable League One and it's borderline ridiculous that not only did they get relegated to it, they've actually actively embraced that division. It's hilarious, but ridiculous.

No idea. Probably has a lot to do with having shit players and a shit manager?

They're properly fucked now. It's more than likely they're not getting promoted, which means a 3rd season in the 3rd tier of English football. They are a League One club now. Not just a "big club" passing through. Gone are the parachute payments, gone are the players who could return big money, gone is the interest from investors (£10m loan is a joke). 

A Sunderland shareholder left the club’s board weeks after offending supporters’ groups by suggesting that people in the North East lack good business sense compared with southerners.

Charlie Methven, an Eton-educated PR executive who stands to make millions from his 6 per cent stake in the club if the chairman Stewart Donald can find a buyer, sparked fury at a fans’ meeting in November when he made his disparaging remarks.

The Times understands that a 14-strong meeting between the Sunderland hierarchy and the Fan Engagement Committee, representing the club’s various supporters’ groups, at the Stadium of Light on November 21 became heated over the reported £10 million investment by the American-backed FPP Sunderland group.

Methven, who secured his stake and a position as executive director of the club for his role in Donald’s takeover in 2018, objected to being questioned over a deal he had secured for the club.

According to the minutes of the meeting, which do not quote Methven directly, he suggested that people in the south would not be questioning such a deal because of a better understanding of business. The minutes report that he went as far as to suggest that this was because there were “less entrepreneurs” in the North East.

The comments sparked outrage and last night in a statement, Methven expressed his regret. “This meeting was at the end of my three-month notice period at Sunderland,” he said. “It was a private meeting at which all matters of the club were discussed.

“I was repeatedly pressed on the negative implications of a £10 million investment I’d secured for the club. Exasperated, I reacted intemperately and one of those present subsequently took me to task. I apologised to him because the comparison I made does not accurately reflect my real views. It was an off-the-cuff riposte which I regret.”

Some great PR there for the PR guru. Reminds me of this from Viz a few years ago.

115_04282014_18-04.png

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 5