mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I despise that intro music 

He chose it because he wanted it to feel like a rave. He has very clearly never been to a rave in his life.

40 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He chose it because he wanted it to feel like a rave. He has very clearly never been to a rave in his life.

I meant for the show, the bit where they sing the “used to build boats” line. They’re called ships you thick fucking makem twat. 

The scene were The Don is after Will Grigg and keeps submitting offer after offer while everyone around him keeps telling him he’s mental is absolutely brilliant. :lol: 

That Methven. What a complete wanker, the 'Don' should come across as a bit of an arsehole but gets off lightly compared to that cunt. If he spoke to a normal bloke like he did with the Irish lass it would be sore jaw time. I'm only just past episode 3 so hope there's more to come. :lol:

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

That Methven. What a complete wanker, the 'Don' should come across as a bit of an arsehole but gets off lightly compared to that cunt. If he spoke to a normal bloke like he did with the Irish lass it would be sore jaw time. I'm only just past episode 3 so hope there's more to come. :lol:

It’s mint seeing him talking a big game and then being totally lost a few months later when no fucker is coming in for the playoffs. Sharp changes his tune there.

Sadly, as a whole, this is far too complimentary and rosy-faced compared to the last ones parade of misery. You get the sense that there’s a lot more going on that was far less flattering that they weren’t showing.

Saying that, they showed the Don being a tit over Grigg so maybe not.

I think they're lucky it's Sunderland fans who are making the show, 1000% :lol: and they still come out of it looking shit. Also, while I remember, does slick boy Tory have a clue what constitutes a record? He said he wanted the third division record crowd then mumbled something about recent years. So he basically wanted Sunderland and by association, himself, to hold the 'biggest recent times attendance in Division three' trophy. 

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I love the subtle running joke about everyone hating the new walk-out music :lol:  once every couple of episodes, someone mentions how loud and obnoxious it is

I also love the fact that Meth will be spitting that they've done a hatchet job on him not realising that it's any player who, (quite fucking reasonably in my view), wants away that they seem to stitch up. He probably had aspirations of coming across like a young Alan Sugar from the apprentice, (who is also a cunt), rather than being David Brent's younger, useless brother. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I think they're lucky it's Sunderland fans who are making the show, 1000% :lol: and they still come out of it looking shit. Also, while I remember, does slick boy Tory have a clue what constitutes a record? He said he wanted the third division record crowd then mumbled something about recent years. So he basically wanted Sunderland and by association, himself, to hold the 'biggest recent times attendance in Division three' trophy. 

Made by the same bellends that made the Maradona documentary where they altered him talking about nearly joining Sheffield United to say it was Sunderland iirc? The fact that they are willing to be that unprofessional, yet the club they love still come out of this looking like a bunch of incompetent tits shows how bad it must really be. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

FULWELL70 is smb’s Production company iirc

:lol:

Oh what a night!

Late one evening back in '70

What a special time for essembee

What a derby, what a night.

• Haha 4