mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

The whole thing is just perfection. Their star player wanting off as soon as possible, the chase for Will Grigg, after the fact Ross even tells him on the phone he's not worth anything over a million, Crystal Methven threatening jobs unless they get 40k at home to Barnsley, the two Wembley defeats, Charlton lifting the trophy RIGHT in front of the Don :icon_lol:  Even the most ardent of Newcastle fans couldn't have wrote the script. Fucking embarrassment of a club.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The whole thing is just perfection. Their star player wanting off as soon as possible, the chase for Will Grigg, after the fact Ross even tells him on the phone he's not worth anything over a million, Crystal Methven threatening jobs unless they get 40k at home to Barnsley, the two Wembley defeats, Charlton lifting the trophy RIGHT in front of the Don :icon_lol:  Even the most ardent of Newcastle fans couldn't have wrote the script. Fucking embarrassment of a club.

To be fair to the makers they’ve done a great job at showing just how much it means to the fans and the local community so when see the disappointment on their little faces it’s that much funnier.

• Haha 2

Tommy the taxi driver seems a good bloke; as a remainer taxi driver he may well be unique

Patrick the chef is from Biarritz; i used to play against him in the Over 40s league - had a canny dig on him

2 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It was great seeing Graham Laidler (wtdog - internet troll, bully, arsehole) getting in to Donald at the end of the final episode asking if they'll ever be good again. Magic!

I remember him off the old version of this place 

2 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It was great seeing Graham Laidler (wtdog - internet troll, bully, arsehole) getting in to Donald at the end of the final episode asking if they'll ever be good again. Magic!

whickham lad though I think he moved to blaydon. majority of his mates were (and presumably still are) newcastle supporters, used to pop up at the bodega for a pint occasionally if our and their games didn't clash. never seen him for years till the end of that episode. always seemed canny enough to me, not so to you it would seem!  

Edited by thebrokendoll

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Would this constitute breach of contract?

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Apparently not as all staff are still being paid in full so I can only assume it’s so they can claim £2,500 a month on each of them.

Which works out at £15k per week for a squad of 25. That’s taking the absolute piss expecting the taxpayer to pick that up. Methven spends more than that on trousers ffs 

My point is, the wages of the first team squad are far in excess of £15-20k pw. So asking the government/taxpayers to fund a fraction of the players wages is taking the piss. The club receives millions in parachute payments this season iirc.  This decision helps no-one but The Don and his bank balance 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My point is, the wages of the first team squad are far in excess of £15-20k pw. So asking the government/taxpayers to fund a fraction of the players wages is taking the piss. The club receives millions in parachute payments this season iirc.  This decision helps no-one but The Don and his bank balance 

You’ve seen the documentary?

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Won’t they default on their £10 million loan to fix the lift and be owned by some yanks soon? 

Has the lift been furloughed? 

• Haha 2