mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Anth said:

The bitterness is palpable on the SMB at the minute! The hypocritical bastards :lol: 

Aye they were buzzing when Jimmy Dell was buying them :lol: 

What they always ignore because it's too painful is the different appeal of the two cities as well. Especially since the Rueben's supposedly want to invest in the city itself - who the fuck would invest in the city of Sunderland? 

Of course they also can't see the irony in calling us all 92'ers and history forgetters while expecting their 19th century titles to give them some kind of elevated position in the game in the present day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJS said:

What they always ignore because it's too painful is the different appeal of the two cities as well. Especially since the Rueben's supposedly want to invest in the city itself - who the fuck would invest in the city of Sunderland? 

Of course they also can't see the irony in calling us all 92'ers and history forgetters while expecting their 19th century titles to give them some kind of elevated position in the game in the present day. 

And they’ve got a fairly recent ground (certainly compared to how long we’ve been at SJP) and they were so lacking in identity that they needed a fan poll to agree on a nickname. Not to mention the tens of thousands of fans that came out of the woodwork when Peter Reid was manager. But aye, we’re the ones who didn’t know football existed before the advent of the PL. I’m minded of me cousin who dated a mackem in the late 90s who was a ST holder at the then brand new SoL. I was having a bit crack on with him and I mentioned knowing / being distantly related to Ron Guthrie. He was a young lad so I wasn’t surprised he hadn’t heard of him. However this lad didn’t know they won the cup in ‘73. I shit thee not 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

The Ruebens could bring back Joplings and wash the windows of the glass centre.

Reopen Vaux while they’re at it. 

Imagine missing the boat so much you became a plastic mackem :lol: 

Couldn’t they just invent a “grandad” from Manchester like half of the rest of the country in the 90s?

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

And they’ve got a fairly recent ground (certainly compared to how long we’ve been at SJP) and they were so lacking in identity that they needed a fan poll to agree on a nickname. Not to mention the tens of thousands of fans that came out of the woodwork when Peter Reid was manager. But aye, we’re the ones who didn’t know football existed before the advent of the PL. I’m minded of me cousin who dated a mackem in the late 90s who was a ST holder at the then brand new SoL. I was having a bit crack on with him and I mentioned knowing / being distantly related to Ron Guthrie. He was a young lad so I wasn’t surprised he hadn’t heard of him. However this lad didn’t know they won the cup in ‘73. I shit thee not 

Think I've mentioned before, one of the NUFC fans who posts on the SMB had a signature stating that the percentage increase in averages from pre-PL times (think he took ten years) to post (Obviously with their new ground) was a lot larger for them than for us. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NJS said:

Think I've mentioned before, one of the NUFC fans who posts on the SMB had a signature stating that the percentage increase in averages from pre-PL times (think he took ten years) to post (Obviously with their new ground) was a lot larger for them than for us. 

It wasn't me but I've stated a few times about this ridiculous 92 thing they go on about applies to most clubs in the 90s, and to them more than us. But they don't let the facts get in the way of throthy mouthed Mag rants or conspiracies. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It wasn't me but I've stated a few times about this ridiculous 92 thing they go on about applies to most clubs in the 90s, and to them more than us. But they don't let the facts get in the way of throthy mouthed Mag rants or conspiracies. :lol:

Quite a popular one for showing how ‘fickle’ we are is comparing 80s crowds to later ones without the context of the division or the crowds of other clubs in the 80s 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Quite a popular one for showing how ‘fickle’ we are is comparing 80s crowds to later ones without the context of the division or the crowds of other clubs in the 80s 

Usually by cherry picking some solitary league cup replay attendance that was held on a  midweek November night in the pissing rain. 

• Like 2

The attendance for Ossie’s last home game was 25,595.

With regards to average attendances when both us and the SMB have been in the league together,not the same division of course,

NUFC have had the higher average attendance 91 times to  the makem’s 21.

Our last two average attendances in the second tier were higher than the makem’s best ever average attendance.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: Oh man, I’ve had a fucking shit week and I needed that thread. What a fucking treat that was. That fucking huckle doesn’t grasp why a family worth trillions wouldn’t take the cheaper and immensely more risky option of buying a League One side over buying a Premier League side and being able to immediately start investing? It’s not even worth noting that for all their twisting and deluded Geordie jibes we are the more recognizable club from the two by a large margin, especially internationally. As many know I live in the states, when I mention I’m from Newcastle people immediately reference either the beer, Newcastle United, or both even when they know basically nothing about footy. I’m sure the Netflix comedy series will help their exposure but it’s not exactly in a good light is it?

This quote btw:

”I hope that their buy out will encourage people to buy us though, for one of they put a team together someone could see us as an attractive club to reignite the rivalry, I would say man city got bought out because they are next door to man United and already had a brand name”

:lol: This is the sort of fucking gold I was expecting from them, they honestly call us deluded and then come out with utter dross like this. Every bit of it is magic, even down to bitterly trying to say Man City was a bigger brand than NUFC pre-Abu Dhabi group, we were a CL side just 4-5 season prior to that you numpty. It’s also worth noting the Abu Dhabi group went to buy NUFC first, there’s a reason this isn’t the first gulf state to try and buy NUFC while the only takeover attempts for our malformed “rivals” have been a clueless American hedge fund owner, then two wide boy chancers. Michael Dell has no knowledge of Sunderland, nor the imaginary takeover, firstly he invests in a passive fund that was rumored to be interested, he doesn’t engage in it, and secondly they gave a loan to SAFC, that’s what it was ffs they gave them a loan and the connection got the mackems frothing. 

It’s going to get a whole hell of a lot worse you little tramps, and you best believe I’m going to enjoy every second of it. Call me obsessed all you want, it’s going to be fucking hilarious to potentially watch world class players while those bong eyed cucks watch Will Grigg. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The attendance for Ossie’s last home game was 25,595.

With regards to average attendances when both us and the SMB have been in the league together,not the same division of course,

NUFC have had the higher average attendance 91 times to  the makem’s 21.

Our last two average attendances in the second tier were higher than the makem’s best ever average attendance.

That was for the cup game v Bournemouth which we lost. Home game before that was 17k which was a little over the season average of 16k. 

Typical mackem, cherry picking attendances to suit you 😏

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That was for the cup game v Bournemouth which we lost. Home game before that was 17k which was a little over the season average of 16k. 

Typical mackem, cherry picking attendances to suit you 😏

Aye, that seasons average being more or less the same as one in 81 I believe, both stand out low averages for our club through the years, three sub 20k averages since the days when football was taking off nationally in the pre WWI days. Sunderland have substantially more sub 20k averages but, hey, 1992 and all that. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, that seasons average being more or less the same as one in 81 I believe, both stand out low averages for our club through the years, three sub 20k averages since the days when football was taking off nationally in the pre WWI days. Sunderland have substantially more sub 20k averages but, hey, 1992 and all that. :lol:

To be fair, our crowds doubled from that season to the mid nineties when the ground was almost finished. The mackems had to fuckin treble theirs to fill the stadio del cultural appropriation...but can you tell any of them that though? :rolleyes:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Oh man, I’ve had a fucking shit week and I needed that thread. What a fucking treat that was. That fucking huckle doesn’t grasp why a family worth trillions wouldn’t take the cheaper and immensely more risky option of buying a League One side over buying a Premier League side and being able to immediately start investing? It’s not even worth noting that for all their twisting and deluded Geordie jibes we are the more recognizable club from the two by a large margin, especially internationally. As many know I live in the states, when I mention I’m from Newcastle people immediately reference either the beer, Newcastle United, or both even when they know basically nothing about footy. I’m sure the Netflix comedy series will help their exposure but it’s not exactly in a good light is it?

This quote btw:

”I hope that their buy out will encourage people to buy us though, for one of they put a team together someone could see us as an attractive club to reignite the rivalry, I would say man city got bought out because they are next door to man United and already had a brand name”

:lol: This is the sort of fucking gold I was expecting from them, they honestly call us deluded and then come out with utter dross like this. Every bit of it is magic, even down to bitterly trying to say Man City was a bigger brand than NUFC per-Abu Dhabi group, we were a CL side just 4-5 season prior to that you numpty. It’s also worth noting the Abu Dhabi group went to buy NUFC first, there’s a reason this isn’t the first gulf state to try and buy NUFC while the only takeover attempts for our malformed “rivals” have been a clueless American hedge fund owner, then two wide boy chancers. Michael Dell has no knowledge of Sunderland, nor the imaginary takeover, firstly he invests in a passive fund that was rumored to be interested, he doesn’t engage in it, and secondly they gave a loan to SAFC, that’s what it was ffs they gave them a loan and the connection got the mackems frothing. 

It’s going to get a whole hell of a lot worse you little tramps, and you best believe I’m going to enjoy every second of it. Call me obsessed all you want, it’s going to be fucking hilarious to potentially watch world class players while those bong eyed cucks watch Will Grigg. 

:lol:
Go on son! 

• Haha 2