mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

10 hours ago, Tom said:

I love my VW Polo like, great car. Fancy a van next mind. Big ol transporter to turn into a camper.

They don’t really look like campers so it’s ok to roll up to work in :lol: 

£20k for a bog standard transporter and another £10k to convert. Looked myself but fuck that for a laugh. You can hire one for £100 a night. 

We’ve just booked this for a week in Cornwall next Summer 

204A6432-7385-4F4B-B8BD-913D0CC9D2D5.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sammynb said:

In 2006 we tripped around the world cup in a VW Transporter California which was a great camper, steel pop up roof, did 190 on the autobahn, that's what you need T-Keith.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/reviews/motorhomes/details/motorhome-review-the-2006-volkswagen-california-se-on-swb-25td-vw-t5/898997

We did the Scottish highlands in a 70s VW camper. One of the best trips I’ve done 

9323204B-F677-4CCC-A829-8F5360F8D6EB.jpeg

C0EFB7F6-F78B-4141-86DD-1E12C30D834E.jpeg

3198D607-C87E-4EBC-ACB7-DBF1678732E8.jpeg

• Like 2

Me mate's just recently kitted out a transporter. Took him about 18 months like but he’s done a really good job. The fella of a lass I know from university lives on the south coast and he does out the 1970s camper vans. I’ll try and dig out a link to his site 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

£20k for a bog standard transporter and another £10k to convert. Looked myself but fuck that for a laugh. You can hire one for £100 a night. 

We’ve just booked this for a week in Cornwall next Summer 

You can get a decent converted one second hand for less than £20k tbh, however the renting option does seem decent. 

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The football league were never going to let a giant like Sunderland out of one of their leagues to play in another one of their leagues. :lol:

20200704_120639.jpg

Imagine being happy to see people die for the greater glory of the lads. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The football league were never going to let a giant like Sunderland out of one of their leagues to play in another one of their leagues. :lol:

20200704_120639.jpg

Every single decision in football that takes place behind the scenes revolves around them

• Like 1

They have like 12 players in the first team squad & are absolutely crippled with debt. 

What did they think was going to happen if they got promoted? 

Straight back down...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

20200704_120639.jpg

Troy Laugh GIF - Troy Laugh Point - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Why do they think Watmore would have been a world beater? :lol: He was a headless chicken before the injuries. If the seats weren’t there, he’d keep running out the stadium.

Well they obviously saw him play and thought Watmore could you ask of a Sunderland player on the relegation slidie?

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Just when you think things cannot get any worse for the sad makems during the 2019/20 season ,Wycombe,who were below them when the season was cut short,will be playing in the Championship next season.This means Portsmouth,the biggest team in their league by some distance,will be clear favourites to win the league next season with the makems,more than likely,coming second  to them both on and off the pitch.Any idea how the DELL takeover is going on Tearside? 

10 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Just when you think things cannot get any worse for the sad makems during the 2019/20 season ,Wycombe,who were below them when the season was cut short,will be playing in the Championship next season.This means Portsmouth,the biggest team in their league by some distance,will be clear favourites to win the league next season with the makems,more than likely,coming second  to them both on and off the pitch.Any idea how the DELL takeover is going on Tearside? 

Are you saying you think they'll finish second? I think they're going to struggle for playoffs again - parachute payments are done and their owner is clearly not interested in spending his way out. Plus they'll also have to factor in the 3 newly relegated teams.

43 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Are you saying you think they'll finish second? I think they're going to struggle for playoffs again - parachute payments are done and their owner is clearly not interested in spending his way out. Plus they'll also have to factor in the 3 newly relegated teams.

And the fact they’re fucking shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It's all right they've got a new owner lined up who's worth... oh $1-5m. Or less than they spent on Will Grigg. 

No, something to do with Mark Campbell. Some kind of Real Estate bmillionaire who is flip flopping between buying Sunderland or Falkirk.