mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: between this and Gandaft’s appearance on Look North making them think he’s legit they really are the gift that keeps on giving 

• Haha 2

About 18 years ago I was working with a black lad and an elderly relative said “listen....don’t call him Sambo”

I’d just been calling him his name and had to look up Sambo. 

I imagine Sunderland is the opposite of that.

”hew young in, when yer next in call that lad sambo”

Just having a quick scan - everyone they're linked with is "worse than Parkinson". I'm curious who they really thought they'd get tbh.

Either way the trajectory is set in stone no matter what. They hate whoever it is until he signs, then once he signs they all 'get behind him, get behind the shirt" etc, before giving him the first 45 mins of his first game, deciding he's shite and then proceeding to destroy any chance the poor bastard has through extreme toxicity, all the while claiming to be "the best fans in the world FTM".

Rinse and repeat.

• Haha 2

Aye. The comments that they should be aiming higher etc. And we’re the club with deluded fans? They’ve got absolutely fuck all going for them as a club. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just having a quick scan - everyone they're linked with is "worse than Parkinson". I'm curious who they really thought they'd get tbh.

Either way the trajectory is set in stone no matter what. They hate whoever it is until he signs, then once he signs they all 'get behind him, get behind the shirt" etc, before giving him the first 45 mins of his first game, deciding he's shite and then proceeding to destroy any chance the poor bastard has through extreme toxicity, all the while claiming to be "the best fans in the world FTM".

Rinse and repeat.

They should be surprised it’s someone they’ve heard of 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The don appointing a new manager and some of them believe he's looking to sell. My favourite post from rtg being on saying that getting behind Campbell would be mandatory or face the PC brigade. Did we carry on like that when we appointed Hughton?

No, but then he wasn’t our first black manager. 
I don’t remember Gullit’s colour being even mentioned upon his appointment, mind, but I could be rose-tinting it? 

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. The comments that they should be aiming higher etc. And we’re the club with deluded fans? They’ve got absolutely fuck all going for them as a club. 

The idea that a billionaire owner is a magic potion is wrong too. 

There’s nothing that separates them from other league one clubs and this will get worse under the salary cap. The only thing Sunderland has going for it as a town is that it’s adjacent to Newcastle & to Durham. (As well as a nice coast tbf)

League one is a hard league to escape and then you’ve got the championship to contend with where clubs get relegated and retain £20-30m players and buy more. 

When we were relegated we hoovered up a lot of players massively suited to the division even lesser names that didn’t cost much that could do the job. 

What chance have Sunderland got?

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

No, but then he wasn’t our first black manager. 
I don’t remember Gullit’s colour being even mentioned upon his appointment, mind, but I could be rose-tinting it? 

I just remember being quite young and being confused by what people meant by sexy football. :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 03/12/2020 at 10:27, Rayvin said:

Rinse and repeat.

Looks like they skipped right to wanting him out :lol:

• Haha 2