mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

He looks like one of those blokes who’s car smells like a thousand dogs owing to the number of times a whippet has been in and out without it being hoovered.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sonatine said:

"Once again be at the top of European Football"  :lol: 

3 things no one neutral  ever associates with the club plus at least one thing no one whatsoever does 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tom said:

This is their third manager in a row I haven’t heard of. :lol: 

Snap. I googled him.

3 mid table finishes in League One. Moved to Bristol City in the Championship where he did his best to get them relegated in his first season before managing *checks notes* 3 mid table finishes. Then he got sacked.

Sounds like a perfect fit tbh 

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Snap. I googled him.

3 mid table finishes in League One. Moved to Bristol City in the Championship where he did his best to get them relegated in his first season before managing *checks notes* 3 mid table finishes. Then he got sacked.

Sounds like a perfect fit tbh 

i take a bit of a mild interest in the fortunes of bristol city, it's an absolutely cracking night out with a diverse nightlife, probably superior to that of newcastle (sorry everybody!) i sort of kept an eye on brian tinnion's career, it's only just down the road and i'd love to see the city have a premier league club. it looked like very much like they'd make the play offs (at least) in two of those mid table finishes only to fade at the very end, disappointingly.

i reckon johnson might do a reasonable job for the mackems, though it goes without saying that i hope i'm wrong!  

:)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't think you know how this works....

And Bristol may be a decent night out, but better than Newcastle? 🧐

in the halcyon days of the mayfair, the barley mow, the broken doll etc, there was no finer place on earth. have to say though in my later days in the city on a night out it'd turned all very much the same... pack em in and get pissed. maybe just me getting old!

much like i hope johnson fails on wearside, i hope the the youth of today are enjoying newcastle's nightlife as much as i did in mine!

On 03/12/2020 at 15:01, Tom said:

About 18 years ago I was working with a black lad and an elderly relative said “listen....don’t call him Sambo”

I’d just been calling him his name and had to look up Sambo. 

I imagine Sunderland is the opposite of that.

”hew young in, when yer next in call that lad sambo”

Second year of uni I lived in an inner suburb of Birmingham, an area that was once home to big numbers of Irish people but where the largest minority group was now Asian. One day my housemate was in the park opposite and an old Irish lady came up to him and, out of nowhere, said "You've got to watch out for those Pik-Paks!"

"Pik-Paks" ffs. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Second year of uni I lived in an inner suburb of Birmingham, an area that was once home to big numbers of Irish people but where the largest minority group was now Asian. One day my housemate was in the park opposite and an old Irish lady came up to him and, out of nowhere, said "You've got to watch out for those Pik-Paks!"

"Pik-Paks" ffs. :lol: 

When I started reading that I felt sure it was going to finish with a misunderstanding involving an Irish goalkeeper from years gone by.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

When you're in a spin, shits going down, you're in league one forever and you need to get your bearings before you pass out.... concentrate on the basics.....

Screenshot_20201205-162906__01.jpg

A shady cabal of mags

• Haha 3