mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

“I’ve been in talks for weeks now to buy the wonderful brand of GeekNerd comics, the fans deserve better!” #superman #hashtags #business #stillpickingonfishdespiteclearevidencethatitupsetshim 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Nurse, the screens!

He’s not far from howling at the moon 

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rich energy's Twitter account has 666 followers ffs 😂 Even Fish has more than that 

And most of his followers are geordie fans trolling him 

Where next? Let’s take a look at the cultural delights of Sunderland 😮 

Why not go to Kwik-Fit and get your tyres changed!? 

After that...get some scran at one of the towns 450 Greggs! 

If you can’t make it to Tynemouth, why not try Roker Beach! 

Then sample some real culture at the Glass centre! An entire centre made of glass.

Buy yourself a new vape at the bridges shopping centre. 

Where else would a billionaire playboy want to be? Nice one Sunderland. Nice one

• Haha 1

Assuming this takeover by Elaine from Seinfelds cousin does go through, and assuming he's willing to spunk a load of money on them like Short did, they still have the problem that they aren't an attractive option for players who are looking for anything but a payday.  Most of us are aware that it's not always the easiest to attract players to come here.  It's colder than the rest of the country, further away from London than anywhere else, we can't promise the biggest wages and we can't offer challenging for trophies or European football.  Even when we could offer those last three we found it harder than teams in London and Manchester.  They have the same problems as us but also have a town that offers nothing, fans that have made their players feel intimidated at home, no European history whatsoever and being stuck in league 1.   I don't see any immediate prospect of them moving very far upwards at all.

• Like 5

Aye, they deny it while calling our lot deluded but the fans literally expecting promotion as they assume they’re still a PL side on a temporary stop is a real issue for them. Any draw or loss receives a massive backlash as they still haven’t got it through their thick skulls that this is their level now. 

• Like 4

Aye, it's not like Ellis Short didn't throw money at them and look how that ended up. This kid is a 22 year old with no life experience. It could be enough to get them back to the PL but I don't think they need to book their flights to Milan just yet.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, they deny it while calling our lot deluded but the fans literally expecting promotion as they assume they’re still a PL side on a temporary stop is a real issue for them. Any draw or loss receives a massive backlash as they still haven’t got it through their thick skulls that this is their level now. 

I've just had a quick look at their Wiki page and it looks like that since they were relegated at the end of the 50's they've spent more than half of the seasons outside the top flight (4 in the 3rd tier).  The premier league has always been their temporary stop.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, it's not like Ellis Short didn't throw money at them and look how that ended up. This kid is a 22 year old with no life experience. It could be enough to get them back to the PL but I don't think they need to book their flights to Milan just yet.

Look at what happened to Wigan when a young lad took over there :) 

INTRO TO SUNLUN’ TIL I DIE SEASON 3

“Growing up in the billionaires playgrounds of the French Riviera and Switzerland, Kyril always felt drawn to the litter-strewn estates of the shit-hole of the North- he felt a kinship with the attic-dwelling mutants, and knew one day that his ultimate MLF dream of owning their tinpot club would become a reality.…

… once they’d been ruined by the dodgy insurance salesman, he’d be able to buy them for loose change and fulfil their true potential of giving him a manageable loss on his investment within five years, but invaluable experience for his true dream when he eventually bid for his Dad’s old club. 

If their management carousel managed to lift them to the heady heights of the arse-end of the Championship, he may even consider keeping them on his portfolio as a feeder club to his beloved OM.

For now, he’d be happy if he could stop their feral followers from shitting in the stands once they were allowed back in.“

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I've just had a quick look at their Wiki page and it looks like that since they were relegated at the end of the 50's they've spent more than half of the seasons outside the top flight (4 in the 3rd tier).  The premier league has always been their temporary stop.

And even that’s skewed somewhat by the last period in the top flight. Mostly thanks to an owner who threw money at the club and who most of them hate. Collectively the fan base is thick as fuck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

You have to own it and use the Fish Energy logo as your Avatar. 

#frozengrapes

Fuck if anyone's actually gonna use that let me know and I'll spend more than 3 minutes on it. 

Use of that logo is conditional though, I politely request you donate at least 5 pence to any given charity (your own beer fund is fine by me) just so we can safely say that Fish Energy has generated more cash than Gimli's weird bathtub concoction. 

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Tom said:

Where next? Let’s take a look at the cultural delights of Sunderland 😮 

Why not go to Kwik-Fit and get your tyres changed!? 

After that...get some scran at one of the towns 450 Greggs! 

If you can’t make it to Tynemouth, why not try Roker Beach! 

Then sample some real culture at the Glass centre! An entire centre made of glass.

Buy yourself a new vape at the bridges shopping centre. 

Where else would a billionaire playboy want to be? Nice one Sunderland. Nice one

:lol: I thought this bollocks takeover had already happened. Isn’t it basically just the chuckle brothers that currently own them just rearranging the furniture so the white dog shit sniffers chill out for five minutes? 

My thinking is they were basically giving up some of the club they were given for nigh on nowt to this trust fund wanker, and the Uruguayan bloke that just looked clueless but happy for a day out on their comedy series. That way their paint can sniffing support can calmly go back to serenely licking the crumbs from their Morrison’s brand Wotsits packets as they are fooled into thinking something has changed and they’ll think fucking rights wey’ll be back in the PL and can go back to circling the drain like the good old days. Meanwhile the two useless carpet bagging ball bags will still be in charge and abusing mid level club staff while listening to 90’s Ibiza classics.

The only thing that would make this delightful saga even better is if they hadn’t pretended they were giving the club to a pair of dim cunts who just happen to be the offspring of successful people, and had instead at least pretended to give the club to William Storey. 

• Haha 5

Methven was electric in that Netflix series btw. The way he just breezed into an office that literally looked like a company currently being liquidated, and assumed the middle aged lass probably making barely more than she would make counting the inventory at Iceland should have the motivation towards her job equal to that of a coked up Lehman Brothers banker in the 1980’s. Then to compound this magical disaster of a relationship it turns out for all his arrogance and bluster all of his ideas are complete and utter dog shit, while he shrugs each tragic idea off with a “just throwing it out there” half arsed attitude.

This is why we need William Storey, imagine him coming in on the next season bringing a level of arrogance and delusion that Methven could only dream of. 

• Haha 6