mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

23 hours ago, Tom said:

I genuinely don’t know many teams in there division. 

lincoln for fucks sake :lol: 

Had no idea, so had to google; 

Hull 
Peterborough
Blackpool
Sunderland
Lincoln City
Oxford
Charlton
Portsmouth
Ipswich
Gillingham
Accrington
Crewe
Milton Keynes Dons
Doncaster
Fleetwood
Burton
Shrewsbury
Plymouth
AFC Wimbledon
Wigan
Rochdale
Northampton
Swindon
Bristol Rovers

Sunderland being the biggest team of that lot isn't something I'd be shouting about, if I was them. Like being a healthy bloke on a leper colony; you won't be for long.

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Had no idea, so had to google; 

Hull 
Peterborough
Blackpool
Sunderland
Lincoln City
Oxford
Charlton
Portsmouth
Ipswich
Gillingham
Accrington
Crewe
Milton Keynes Dons
Doncaster
Fleetwood
Burton
Shrewsbury
Plymouth
AFC Wimbledon
Wigan
Rochdale
Northampton
Swindon
Bristol Rovers

Sunderland being the biggest team of that lot isn't something I'd be shouting about, if I was them. Like being a healthy bloke on a leper colony; you won't be for long.

Hard to believe Ipswich Town have sunk to the same depths as Sunderland. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Today

smb under 18s 3 v 4 Toon under 18s

Not even the tiniest of tiniest crumb of comfort for those sad makem bastards.

Or anyone tbh

• Haha 2

Apparently some of them have tried to start a 'debate' claiming Sessegnon was better than ASM because.....well...... I've no idea why? :lol: (Now I'm not saying they are wrong but I don't think ASM will get sold to.......checks notes....... West Bromwich Albion). :cuppa:

• Haha 3

:lol: They love a pointless debate that has no way of factually dispelling it in the moment (see Classy debate). The fact is they’re a million miles away from having an ASM calibre player at their club, it’s also just a weird debate -they think Sessegnon was a good player so even if he was better than ASM (he’s absolutely not btw) does that mean ASM isn’t a good player?

The fact is this is coming from a fan base that had many discussions where they argued that Colback and Cattermole were a better midfield duo than Cabaye and Tiote, they’re completely incapable of making any rational judgement on our players. We could have Lionel Messi playing for us and they’d tie themselves in knots to come up with some weird argument that he’s shit. 

Sessegnon played for them between the ages of 27-29, they’re trying to compare him to a bloke who came to the league at 22/23 and is still only 24 :lol:. If they want to compare the players at similar ages then Sessegnon managed 6 goals in 61 games for Le Mans at a similar age range to ASM getting 6 in 49 in the PL for us, as the goal metric seems to be the one they’ve focused on. So objectively at a similar age ASM has a better strike rate in a harder league away from the comforts of home. They’re also comparing goals in seasons where Sessegnon has played 15 games more than ASM, if you take the three seasons where they played similar amount of games Sessegnon managed 5, 1, and 2 goals in 26, 28, and 25 game seasons respectively. ASM has had 3 goals in each of his 26, and 23 game seasons, also worth noting is that the seasons we are comparing here are also Sessegnon 5+ PL seasons into his career where he is between 28/29 and 32/33, so a very experienced senior pro in what really would be his prime compared to a young forward in his first two seasons in a foreign league. That’s purely using their goal argument, from what I’ve seen of Sessegnon as a player he was simply never on ASM’s level, and if ASM continues with this improvement and consistency then he will play for a top side soon, whereas Sunderland and West Brom were basically the pinnacle of Sessegnons career. Again, it’s a pointless debate and one where you can’t argue as they simply harp on about the two seasons Sessegnon outscored ASM. I mean I suppose that’s the issue when the best players to play for your club are of the calibre of Kevin Phillips :lol: :lol: we’ve had maybe 15+ strikers alone better than that journeyman. 

• Haha 1

I worked with a literal half wit who said Asamoah Gyan was better than Demba Ba. You can't argue with that level of stupid. One ended up at the CL champions Chelsea and the other at some club in Abu Dhabi. :lol:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Difficult to decide who’s more tragic here. Let’s call it a draw 

I'd say the mackem just shades it on this one.

Tragic league division one:

MLF Jake 2-1 Rich Energy Walter Mitty

MotM Jake wins a case of rich energy. The loser get two cases.

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2021 at 18:04, essembeeofsunderland said:

The majority on rtg are criticising someone called Wyke because he’s scored  25 league goals in 37 games and others haven’t scored anywhere near that amount.

They have ambition and won't settle just for one world class striker, they want another one.