mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: This bloke actually tries to stick to his guns on this one btw, so I genuinely think he believes this, even brought up that McGeady had more assists this season :lol:.

• Haha 4

You can only assume he'd never actually been to Sunderland when he made the decision.

Otherwise I agree with Howay - I'm tempted to say that he picked them because he had been given a small sum of money (relatively) by his mum to spend on a club and he went looking around for one that was 'undervalued' in order to maximise his potential success from it. I can't believe for a second that some rich trust fund kid specifically went out of his way to choose Sunderland Football Club to invest in despite have billions in the bank.

• Like 1

Aye, that’s what it seems like tbh. 

““You can’t buy this! In cities like Zurich, Monaco, nobody is interested in football, it limits the possibilities of expansion.”

Louis-Dreyfus, who flew over from his boarding school in Singapore to watch OM take on Inter Milan in the Champions League in 2012, had considered a career on the pitch as a player or manager but was sidelined by injury.

He studied for a degree in International Sports Management at the private Richmond International Academic & Soccer Academy (RIASA) in Leeds and South Kensington, London, in 2017-18 but dropped out”

From: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/20/meet-kyril-louis-dreyfus-23-english-football-youngest-chairman

The article also mentions his twin brother is a DJ based in Zurich, so none of this leads me to think the bloke is the billionaire business mastermind with a deep footballing knowledge like the mackems are portraying. He’s a trust fund kid with a little toy mammy let him buy, they’ve had another one of them kicking around in that Juan Satori for years now and it’s done no good. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: This bloke actually tries to stick to his guns on this one btw, so I genuinely think he believes this, even brought up that McGeady had more assists this season :lol:.

:lol: 

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

““You can’t buy this! In cities like Zurich, Monaco, nobody is interested in football, it limits the possibilities of expansion.”

Louis-Dreyfus, who flew over from his boarding school in Singapore to watch OM take on Inter Milan in the Champions League in 2012, had considered a career on the pitch as a player or manager but was sidelined by injury.

He studied for a degree in International Sports Management at the private Richmond International Academic & Soccer Academy (RIASA) in Leeds and South Kensington, London, in 2017-18 but dropped out”

From: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/20/meet-kyril-louis-dreyfus-23-english-football-youngest-chairman

The article also mentions his twin brother is a DJ based in Zurich, so none of this leads me to think the bloke is the billionaire business mastermind with a deep footballing knowledge like the mackems are portraying. He’s a trust fund kid with a little toy mammy let him buy, they’ve had another one of them kicking around in that Juan Satori for years now and it’s done no good. 

Christ.

So he fancied himself as a player, gave up - fancied himself in sport management, couldn't hack it despite all his advantages in life, gave up... and now fancies himself as a football club owner.

He's exactly what you say he is.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

I love how nearly everyone who didn’t make it as a player has an excuse too. Could it be that like 99+% of young hopefuls he just wasn’t good enough? I don’t know why people don’t just say that. And as you suggest, his reasons for buying the club are - they were in the premier league recently and he was allowed to, because they were available for next to nowt in relative terms. Not because of the ‘passion’ of some of the most small-minded, ignorant, deluded, poisonous fans going. Especially since they’re that fucking small-time he won’t even have known about that. But he will soon (if he doesn’t already). 

• Like 2

As for expansion - unless they start winning stuff (which would take huge investment, which even guarantees nothing), they’re basically a club with a local fan base. From one of the more deprived bits of Western Europe. They picked up a few Irish fans via Keane and Quinn and various players. Even then you’re talking about a few hundred people spending 3-4 hours there in between the weekend spent going out in Newcastle. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Poor scouting I blame for me not making it

I heard you quit after you got shouted at

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

I love how nearly everyone who didn’t make it as a player has an excuse too. Could it be that like 99+% of young hopefuls he just wasn’t good enough? I don’t know why people don’t just say that. And as you suggest, his reasons for buying the club are - they were in the premier league recently and he was allowed to, because they were available for next to nowt in relative terms. Not because of the ‘passion’ of some of the most small-minded, ignorant, deluded, poisonous fans going. Especially since they’re that fucking small-time he won’t even have known about that. But he will soon (if he doesn’t already). 

I don’t know about you but just the sentence “Louis-Dreyfus, who flew over from his boarding school in Singapore to watch OM take on Inter Milan in the Champions League in 2012” makes me think this bloke didn’t know where Sunderland was until he bought them (or mammy did). He best start researching what “fucking ponce” and other ‘passionate’ things the locals will call him mean. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

He's already had a pop at them for calling for Johnson to be sacked from what I remember seeing on RTG. I wonder how long before he regrets his decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/03/2012 at 08:35, McFaul said:

Am nee Brad Pitt, but am areet, I'd be sexy if a could lose 2 stone, but am telling you this now mackems are fuckin ugly. From Jarrow to Peaterley they're fuckin ugly. The camera went on the mackem faces loads of times. I honestly believe it's to do with centuries of inbreeding. There's something about their faces, I don't know if it's diet, they just look downtrodden common tramps almost to a man.

It must be down to the poverty and no running water

This KLD business has the makings of a tremendous watch.

He's obviously an extremely well adjusted young man, who has  seen so much real life struggle and will have battled much adversity in his tender years.

Oh wait, he was born with a wad of millions in his gob and will have been moly coddled forever, spoiled rotten, and never been told "no". So when he doesn't put the demanded millions up (whatever he does won't be enough) for their charge to the Championship they'll turn on him. I wonder how a 23 year old trust fund spoiled brat will react.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 4

Toucan play at this game.  Budgerigar-d me with such disdain, I'm Knot sure I can take the abuse. Too much to Swallow.

• Haha 3