mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It’s fucking mental they’re still going on about this “cup final” shite. They could sort of argue it was happening first season down (despite it not being the case) but they’re going to be in their fourth season in that league man, they’re third tier regulars at this point ffs, most of the teams will be playing them for the 7th or so time. They can argue the sides coming up from League two see them as a scalp (as they would any of the top half sides) but howay ffs if they’re already trying to find excuses for not beating league two sides they can’t think they’re a massive side. 

• Haha 3

I don’t think anyone really thinks they’re a cup final in that league at all, the away day is a nice excuse for a night out in Newcastle but nobody in that league fears or respects Sunderland. 

They’re a joke and plenty of clubs in that division have pop-up premier league stadiums too.

• Like 1

When we went down to the Championship it was fair to say that we faced teams where a trip to 90% full St James' Park legitimately had a Cup Final feel for some players. Burton, Rotherham,  e.g. 

Stadium and crowd size aside, the opposition were coming up against Argentinian internationals, recent England internationals etc. Hughton's team was basically a midtable Premier League team and Benitez' was only a little worse than that. Add to that the face that both of those seasons we were in the title race for the entire season, so the opposition were also dealing with one of the best teams in the division.

Big ground, big crowd, big players, big stakes.

Mackems have a half empty flatpack stadium, with bang average League 1 players, and have not been leading the charge for the title in any of their 3 seasons.

Shit ground, no fans, no marks, no stakes.

Cup Final my fucking arse

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I think with them not going up this season (again - chortle) that Covid will give them a boost attendance wise for next season, initially, no-one's been near a game so many will "just want to get back" I suspect if same happens and they remain unrelentingly shit crowds'll drop off very significantly and get more toxic as time goes on.

Am rather excited by the prospect :)

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Nothing looks ridiculous next to that fuckin' beard. I don't get it at all. If I go more than a couple of days without a clean shave I feel fuckin' rotten. Imagine all the chicken and mushroom pot noodle that'll be caught up in that.

On 04/06/2021 at 21:49, trophyshy said:

League Onesie. 

C86CB578-FDE5-4D0E-A6F7-08E4E033D22B.jpeg

He is the stuff of nightmares,iterally. He wouldn't look out of place in Texas chainsaw massacre - mackem edition. 

Surprised they haven’t caught "a whiff of gravy marra, FTM 6 in a rur (etc)” from that op mind…. Maybe they did somewhere in that mind-blowingly minging thread, 1 page was enough for me.

The cringeworthy Division 3 bastards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3