mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

18 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:Fucks sake, I nearly spat my chia seed and pomegranate salad out- he’s from Blyth. 

No, I'm fucking not. I'm from The Sluice. 

And Rayvin is a commie, pinko, manga loving, apologist. He's a hipster. I'm just class in a glass.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

No, I'm fucking not. I'm from The Sluice. 

And Rayvin is a commie, pinko, manga loving, apologist. He's a hipster. I'm just class in a glass.

I want to stress for the record that I have never been pro-communist :lol: I believe in mixed economies of left wing persuasions. I'm still capitalist.

The manga comment is a bit rich coming from Captain Comic Book, mind.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I want to stress for the record that I have never been pro-communist :lol: I believe in mixed economies of left wing persuasions. I'm still capitalist.

The manga comment is a bit rich coming from Captain Comic Book, mind.

Bullshit. You want us all reciting from Karl and Freddy's little red book. 

re: the second bit, you're out of line, but you're right.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

So who’s from Blyth?
Didn’t Ray Kennedy have a pub in Seaton Sluice?

Aye he did. Melton Constable (I think) lost his license in the 80s. Super Mac had a bungalow a stones throw away, dunno if they were there at the same time though. Macdonald still lives in the village. Well, Old Hartley, but still. 

I once went to Seaton Sluice. That roundabout at the start of it coming from Whitley Bay is a fucking shambles. 

Then I parked down by the sea, had some chips and fucked off. 

The entire stretch of coast is absolutely beautiful though.

56 minutes ago, Tom said:

I once went to Seaton Sluice. That roundabout at the start of it coming from Whitley Bay is a fucking shambles. 

:lol: why's that like? Is it not just a bog standard, 4 road roundabout?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Aye he did. Melton Constable (I think) lost his license in the 80s. Super Mac had a bungalow a stones throw away, dunno if they were there at the same time though. Macdonald still lives in the village. Well, Old Hartley, but still. 

Macdonald looks like he has his own postcode these days. 

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol: why's that like? Is it not just a bog standard, 4 road roundabout?

Maybe it’s the pub that catches my eye and I get confused. Something feels off.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Ayoze Perez once got fish and chips from the harbour view, kids portion, asked for and extra wooden fork to show his kid. Sure I read about it somewhere? :good:

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Is he still living in a converted bungalow in Seaton Delaval.

I remember reading in the Ronny a few years ago about Beardsley getting flashed heading towards Whitley Bay in Seaton Suice,turning back on himself at the roundabout to go towards Blythe,and getting flashed again.He got off with one .

14 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Is he still living in a converted bungalow in Seaton Delaval.

I remember reading in the Ronny a few years ago about Beardsley getting flashed heading towards Whitley Bay in Seaton Suice,turning back on himself at the roundabout to go towards Blythe,and getting flashed again.He got off with one .

Who Macdonald? Nah, I think he's in the retirement home in Old Hartley. 

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Is Kennedy not disliked by some of his ex playing pals at Liverpool? 

I don't know man. I'm not his fucking biographer. I just know he used to run the Melton, and lost his license in the 80s. Jesus Christ.

• Haha 5

Ray Kennedy was a regular at one of the restaurants I was chef at in the 1990s/2000s. 

Seemed like a very humble, likeable bloke, who enjoyed chatting with the staff after service. 

I know he’d had a tough time up to then, not least because of his Parkinson’s disease. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ray Kennedy was a regular at one of the restaurants I was chef at in the 1990s/2000s. 

Seemed like a very humble, likeable bloke, who enjoyed chatting with the staff after service. 

I know he’d had a tough time up to then, not least because of his Parkinson’s disease. 

My Dad reckons he lost his license because he was drinking the profits. 

Over the 40 years he's lived in that village I reckon the old fella's only set foot in 2 of the 5 pubs. "I like what I like". Feel bad for him now like, his two best mates died this year (non-COVID) so he's got no one to go to the pub with. 

My best guess, and I'm not even taking the piss here, is that they're now in the mindset of a small club and Arsenal represents a big day out.

That's depressing as fuck if it's true, but this is how non-league teams react to drawing someone like Arsenal.