mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

30 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's depressing as fuck if it's true, but this is how non-league teams react to drawing someone like Arsenal.

Aye, they’re getting ahead of themselves.  

41 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's depressing as fuck if it's true, but this is how delusional bellends react to drawing someone like Arsenal.

FYP. 

I follow part-timers up here and can guarantee you anytime we've got old firm or even a Hearts or Hibs we're not bouncing off the walls celebrating the draw like we've just won a cup final. Just a collective nod around the pub and small chorus of "Nice one. Could be really good for the club, that." before chat turned to whether Celtic -4 would be a fair handicap.

Aye, sorry, I meant for them more than us :lol:

6 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

FYP. 

I follow part-timers up here and can guarantee you anytime we've got old firm or even a Hearts or Hibs we're not bouncing off the walls celebrating the draw like we've just won a cup final. Just a collective nod around the pub and small chorus of "Nice one. Could be really good for the club, that." before chat turned to whether Celtic -4 would be a fair handicap.

Fair ;)

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s not, like, it’s fucking hilarious :lol:

I'll agree with Rayvin so far as it's depressing in the sense that too many grown adults identities and moods are tied to the success of the team they follow, but it's fucking hilarious watching a pub full third tier fans celebrate an away tie with Arsenal in the cup like it's a trophy.

The idea that a wee day out at the Emirates will somehow provide a springboard to give these sad fucks a sense of importance is barely worth pity, not sure why anyone on the other side would find it depressing.

22 hours ago, Tom said:

eh??

One of them around the 26 second mark has got some srltrange green blue thing on, is it dungarees? Whatever, looks like some weird Hill Billy from the hills have eyes.

And why the fuck are so many of these inbreds actually filming this on their mobiles? :lol: Really is sad as fuck.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

One of them around the 26 second mark has got some srltrange green blue thing on, is it dungarees? Whatever, looks like some weird Hill Billy from the hills have eyes.

And why the fuck are so many of these inbreds actually filming this on their mobiles? :lol: Really is sad as fuck.

He’s a plumber- known as an absolute. ’shroomhead. 

2 things i cant understand about the seatshitters:
"every game is a cup final when they play us" every team in that league has played them a couple of times already and know they are a team of plodders
" nufc our bitterest rivals" must be the most one sided rivalry in history

nufc: bigger fan base
        better city
        better stadium
so no, Doncaster are there nearest rivals now ?
they keep hanging on to that , the only connection to the prem is  they think we are rivals 😄
a absolute awful breed these paedophile sympathising seatshitting  horse molesting  scum

• Like 1

I was a bit surprised on that True Faith podcast when the host, Alex, says he hopes we never play Sunderland again.

The audience also seemed 50/50 on the likes of Caulkins opposite view that it would be ideal if both teams were successful (like Manchester).

Whilst it’s been funny to see them get relegated and struggle, I’ve always loved derbys and the stomach churning nerves that come with them.

My ideal would for us to be a league winning, champions league playing team and for them to basically be in the position we were 7 weeks ago.

I thought all fans loved derby’s ?

Personally, it's hard for me to imagine what a modern derby day would be like. They're a League 1 club and we're now, theoretically, the richest club on the planet. It'd be like saying Spurs and Charlton is a derby.

It'd be next season at the absolute earliest, but I don't think that's very likely. Think it's more likely that it'll be 4-5 years. By that time, we could genuinely be plying our trade in the upper reaches of the Premier League, with superstar players and near-limitless ambition. 

I'd like them to come along and see Haaland stick 5 past them, but, genuinely I can't imagine what it'd be like.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I was a bit surprised on that True Faith podcast when the host, Alex, says he hopes we never play Sunderland again.

The audience also seemed 50/50 on the likes of Caulkins opposite view that it would be ideal if both teams were successful (like Manchester).

Whilst it’s been funny to see them get relegated and struggle, I’ve always loved derbys and the stomach churning nerves that come with them.

My ideal would for us to be a league winning, champions league playing team and for them to basically be in the position we were 7 weeks ago.

I thought all fans loved derby’s ?

loved derby's what? 

• Haha 3

I'm conflicted on this one. I don't ever want them polluting the premier again, so would be quite happy for them to stay stewing in the 3rd division. But at the same time we need to settle a few scores from those derby day disasters which Pardew presided over. They need a good fucking hiding, and by the time we play them again, more than likely we'd give them one. Maybe get them in the FA cup or something. 

• Haha 3

Even if we get relegated and they somehow get Promoted we’d absolutely destroy them next year. 

They’re absolutely shite. No matter what guise we meet them under we’re on a different planet to them now. 

I mean we were under Ashley but PIF are something else altogether the murdering radgie bastards l.

There are some scores to settle mind….

• Haha 4