mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Before we appointed Howe as manager they were praying that we would appoint Gerrard as boss because he was fucking useless.....and that overrated/overpriced/mercenaries like Coutinho would be signed by us

But Gerrard is now a master tactician who has pulled off the deal of the century signing Coutinho on loan and we have signed a player almost 32 on £150-200k a week on a 4/5 year deal with no sell on value.

If you try and point out he is 31 getting £100k a week on a two and half year deal and if he and others keep us up this season it will be money well spent it just doesn't sink in ,and when he's 33 will still get another club on a free/small fee 

They love to point out we live in their shadows and are obsessed with all things SAFC but we continue to be the biggest talking point on RTG every week/month clocking up thousands of replies.......SMB

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dougle said:

Their monthly ‘NUFC’ thread (which normally reaches 20 pages or so

on day one) is a thing of beauty today.

The poor sad bastards

146 pages and just short of 3000 posts so far

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

the tottenham supporter quickly cemented his popularity by stating how much a bigger club villa are than us.

bit weird really, it's never crossed my mind this morning to join a wycombe board and tell them how shite sunderland are and I could probably do with finding a few more people who might like me!

:lol: 

:lol: The whole “bigger club” shite makes me laugh. Villa have still won objectively fuck all, the same that we have. Sure both clubs have won cups, them more recent, but still come on man it’s completely meaningless and irrelevant. It’s like Manchester United fans screaming at Man City fans that they’re bigger, meanwhile Man City fans are currently watching some of the best football in the world and winning cups while Manchester United are pissing and moaning about how shite they are. 

They can enjoy being a bigger club than us if they want. We will just crack on with being the biggest spenders over the next few years as we rocket past them up the league eh? Additionally both clubs are miles bigger than Sunderland in basically every metric if the mackems want to start this, they’ve been a third division side for going on half a decade :lol: meanwhile two of Europe’s premier up and coming talents are allegedly desperate to join Newcastle. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

Are Sunderland still having the debate as to whether it’s them or Bolton that are the bigger club? 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Knocked off top spot by mighty Wycombe. 

“I think most of us would have accepted a draw at Wycombe and a Cambridge win at Newcastle today. Happy days.”

A real post on rtg… And folk like that lug their shitty arses into Newcastle on a daily basis to earn the rent for the hovels they live in. I mean who washes the metros and do they do it properly?

• Haha 3

That’s why they’re where they are now.  They put up with and ignore the obvious signs of the club being absolutely rotten to the core because they won some derbies and they’re still reaping the rewards. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t even know who that is :lol: 

:lol:

Me neither but I gather he used to play for them and has scored against them. 

The fact they have the fucking nerve to scoff at our signings though. 

• Haha 2