mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It’s been at least 23 minutes since anyone there mentioned their FA Cup win in 1798, so they’ve given the Freedom of the Village to the surviving team members. 

I’m sure they’re all delighted :lol:

Sunderland 1798 FA Cup winners given freedom of the city https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-59994996  

• Haha 1

To be fair, he could probably be the difference between them finishing in the top two or the play off places. Have they not been trying to build a young squad that will push on and improve? It feels like they never seem to learn from past mistakes. Even if they do manage to go up, I wouldn't be surprised if they went straight back down. Watching Sunderland till I die was a mixture of finding it amusing and feeling slightly sorry for them. I think it was the fact that it wasn't filmed/ directed in a way to try and make them look bad which I feel made it even worse for them.

10 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

To be fair, he could probably be the difference between them finishing in the top two or the play off places. Have they not been trying to build a young squad that will push on and improve? It feels like they never seem to learn from past mistakes. Even if they do manage to go up, I wouldn't be surprised if they went straight back down. Watching Sunderland till I die was a mixture of finding it amusing and feeling slightly sorry for them. I think it was the fact that it wasn't filmed/ directed in a way to try and make them look bad which I feel made it even worse for them.

It was made by Sunderland fans. I think it was meant to be their triumphant return to the PL, then to the Championship after that. Even then it was done sympathetically but it would’ve had to have been a complete fiction for it not to have made the club look shambolic behind the scenes. 

• Like 2

South Shields trying to entice the floating/pissed off mackems? Need a leaflet campaign as well and whoever is running Sunderland for the prodigal son and heir will hopefully start moaning about it. 

• Like 1