mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

5 minutes ago, safcforever said:

We all know that’s not true. We’ve not just beat the attendance records we’ve smashed them. 

there’s only a very small number of clubs that would have a chance of beating them. It’s another record we would rather not have, but we have them. 

having a go at 30k+ fans in League 1 goes against everything football fans love about the game. Especially the shite that’s been rolled out in the last 20 years, I’d say the attendance is the only good thing about the club right now 

KGLuB6.gif

• Haha 3

It’s true about the attendance thing. Very few clubs capable of getting that many fans ever play in the third tier of English football. :lol:;) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s true about the attendance thing. Very few clubs capable of getting that many fans ever play in the third tier of English football. :lol:;) 

Exactly, out of the handful of teams that do get anything close to 40k most will never likely end up in league 1 never mind the ones that would lose a big chunk of fans so wouldn’t manage to attract that many. 

Out of all the clubs in England I’d say 5 clubs max. You’d be one of them 

13 minutes ago, safcforever said:

Exactly, out of the handful of teams that do get anything close to 40k most will never likely end up in league 1 never mind the ones that would lose a big chunk of fans so wouldn’t manage to attract that many. 

The attendance figures have been brilliant to be fair. I don’t know how that translates into revenue but it’s commendable all the same. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, safcforever said:

Fuck me, this friends obsession with every club even trumps the FTM mantra. :lol: :lol:

;)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

The attendance figures have been brilliant to be fair. I don’t know how that translates into revenue but it’s commendable all the same. 

That's an interesting point.

I did some fag packet calculations. According to their accounts for 2018/19 (the last full season unaffected by covid closures) they raised £8,600,000 in gate receipts which is a lot of money.

That was done over 31 home matches and their official average attendance that season was 32,157 which is excellent for a third tier side.

But when you do the calculations that works out an average of £8.63 a ticket. Maybe that's how they're getting them through the turnstiles?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I did some fag packet calculations. According to their accounts for 2018/19 (the last full season unaffected by covid closures) they raised £8,600,000 in gate receipts which is a lot of money.

That was done over 31 home matches and their official average attendance that season was 32,157 which is excellent for a third tier side.

But when you do the calculations that works out an average of £8.63 a ticket. Maybe that's how they're getting them through the turnstiles?

somethings-fucky-hmm.gif

• Haha 7

18 hours ago, safcforever said:

We all know that’s not true. We’ve not just beat the attendance records we’ve smashed them. 

there’s only a very small number of clubs that would have a chance of beating them. It’s another record we would rather not have, but we have them. 

having a go at 30k+ fans in League 1 goes against everything football fans love about the game. Especially the shite that’s been rolled out in the last 20 years, I’d say the attendance is the only good thing about the club right now 

When the drink-driver was Chairman howls of laughter came from the attendees when the official attendance was announced  through the speaker’s at the SOS.You know that the same is happening now.You do know the difference between attendance figures and attendee figures,don’t you?
You’re all obsessed with attendances.Leading up to every home game you have at least one thread on attendances.’Look at us.Look at us everyone’. Why are your cup attendances,where you cannot fiddle the attendance figures,so shit in general? 

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

Still commendable since I don’t think I’d go for nowt, even if I supported them ;) 

• Haha 2

He sort of has a point about how language has changed but its just one of those things you recognise and respect as part of being decent and shouldn't have to think twice about accepting. 

I dunno, looks like he's taken it on board and made the comment in ignorance. I think intent is everything with this sort of stuff personally, and it's not clear to me that he had any genuine racist intent. Ignorance yes.

• Like 1

To be honest, I wouldn't be sure if 'jap' was considered racist had I not seen this? :lol: It's not a term I've heard or used for years, (last regular use of it was 'Japs and commandos' a few years ago now). 

• Like 1