mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Fucking hell, they’ll literally get annoyed with anything those idiots. I guess they’ve totally forgotten about all the times they bang on about South Shields :lol:

South Shields are no longer their friends, thanks to ex-legend Kevin “Mag Behaviour” Phillips posing next to Shearer’s statue. 

I sense a move on Gateshead in the sunderland’s Friends Table, especially since they’re on the up. 
Expect a raft of posts rewriting their non-existent history of mutual love, along with spurious claims of MLF membership by Gateshead born celebrities…

… are there any Gateshead born celebrities? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

South Shields are no longer their friends, thanks to ex-legend Kevin “Mag Behaviour” Phillips posing next to Shearer’s statue. 

I sense a move on Gateshead in the sunderland’s Friends Table, especially since they’re on the up. 
Expect a raft of posts rewriting their non-existent history of mutual love, along with spurious claims of MLF membership by Gateshead born celebrities…

… are there any Gateshead born celebrities? 

:lol: I love their weird thing about Gateshead too. As if it’s completely insane people from Gateshead support Newcastle, who would have thought a town that’s about 200 meters from Newcastle would have Newcastle supporters. They’re fucking unreal. 

• Haha 4

South Shields, the football club apart, is another place they think they have ownership rights over. Despite it having more Newcastle fans, it being part of the same urban conurbation as Newcastle and the people there being fortunate enough not to speak with a mackem twang 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I love their weird thing about Gateshead too. As if it’s completely insane people from Gateshead support Newcastle, who would have thought a town that’s about 200 meters from Newcastle would have Newcastle supporters. They’re fucking unreal. 

They’re nicknamed The Tynesiders ffs 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

South Shields, the football club apart, is another place they think they have ownership rights over. Despite it having more Newcastle fans, it being part of the same urban conurbation as Newcastle and the people there being fortunate enough not to speak with a mackem twang 

South Shields. That place geographically north of Newcastle Upon Tyne? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

You're forgetting the historical county of Durham trumps all other logic. 

They are County Durham's team. Fact. 

• Like 2

They're absolutely obsessed with everything south of the Tyne being their territory. One of my mates in the past suggested that if the Tyne continued south around Heworth, picked up the Wear at around its intersection with A19 and the current Tyne east of Walker was filled in, the Mackems would want nothing to do with the Boldons, South Shields, Marsden etc as it's all be 'filthy Mag-land'. I can't disagree with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The other funny thing about this seethe re Wor Flags and the Heed is that the mackems tried jumping in the bandwagon for their last match. Predictably it was a shite effort. And I’m a cynical old twat but I was at the Liverpool game and I thought it looked fucking great tbh 

• Like 3

Shut up everybody, something incredible could happen if we all cross our fingers

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/william-storey-led-consortium-launches-new-ps42m-takeover-bid-at-sunderland-reports-3681599

The Don and the 90s Throwback are apparently very keen to sell to Gandaft. I’m sure he can’t actually provide proof of funds but imagine. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was at the Liverpool game and I thought it looked fucking great tbh 

Some of the photos I saw shared are absolutely awesome. I also have Liverpool supporting mates who said it was by far the best flag display they've ever seen and let's face it, they're very much in a position to judge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Shut up everybody, something incredible could happen if we all cross our fingers

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/william-storey-led-consortium-launches-new-ps42m-takeover-bid-at-sunderland-reports-3681599

The Don and the 90s Throwback are apparently very keen to sell to Gandaft. I’m sure he can’t actually provide proof of funds but imagine. 

Billy is uncharacteristically quiet on his Twatter. 

#omens #heronfoods #stadiumoftramp

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Unfortunately nothing in that article suggests there’s any credibility to his bid 

Oh, I didn’t for one minute think there was. 

There can’t be - It’s got him in it. :lol:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oh, I didn’t for one minute think there was. 

There can’t be - It’s got him in it. :lol:

Aye, it’s just unfortunate in the sense it would be amazing 

• Haha 2

Big things expected tomorrow.......biggest flag display plus a special black cat eyes display🤣....fucking retards

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Big things expected tomorrow.......biggest flag display plus a special black cat eyes display🤣....fucking retards

End of the road for cats eyes?

• Haha 3

When I was at primary school me and mate got called out of assembly to speak to some policemen.

We had been on the A174 over the weekend with a screwdriver trying to nick a cats eye out of the motorway. What a pair of fucking weirdos..

Tenuous link 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Craig said:

They're absolutely obsessed with everything south of the Tyne being their territory. One of my mates in the past suggested that if the Tyne continued south around Heworth, picked up the Wear at around its intersection with A19 and the current Tyne east of Walker was filled in, the Mackems would want nothing to do with the Boldons, South Shields, Marsden etc as it's all be 'filthy Mag-land'. I can't disagree with him.

I mean if we are basing which club you support on completely arbitrary metrics like distance to the ground, surely everything West of CLS and Washington is mag territory?

F9198262-8D77-46E3-9640-334495776E6A.thumb.jpeg.063b4468839d9256512278be70ac5d13.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I mean if we are basing which club you support on completely arbitrary metrics like distance to the ground, surely everything West of CLS and Washington is mag territory?

F9198262-8D77-46E3-9640-334495776E6A.thumb.jpeg.063b4468839d9256512278be70ac5d13.jpeg

I lived just outside Rowlands Gill and was told by a Mackem that I was 'betraying the land I was living upon'! No fucking joke either :lol:

• Haha 1