mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I mean if we are basing which club you support on completely arbitrary metrics like distance to the ground, surely everything West of CLS and Washington is mag territory?

F9198262-8D77-46E3-9640-334495776E6A.thumb.jpeg.063b4468839d9256512278be70ac5d13.jpeg

which part of chester-le-street does that line go through?

I'd hate to be the person that had to go in to the bridge at the bottom of the high street in the 80s and inform the lads that drank in there they were mackems.

Edited by thebrokendoll

I’ve had lads work for me from Chester le Street,Ferryhill and Spennymoor  and they’ve said Spennymoor and Ferryhill are split,as are most Co Durham towns and villages to the west of the A1 motorway, with Chester le Street,Stanley and Consett predominately black and white and always have been.Darlington is mainly black and white.Possibly due to easy access by train to Newcastle.

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

which part of chester-le-street does that line go through?

I'd hate to be the person that had to go in to the bridge at the bottom of the high street in the 80s and inform the lads that drank in there they were mackems.

My dad used to be head bouncer at Crocodillos in the 80s

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I live in that Blue dot. I'm either a Mackem or a Mag depending on what fettle I’m in or who it curries favour with at the time. Marra

Localised YP

• Haha 2

I love how that thread descends into having a pop at Newcastle fans who claim the mackems are copying us. Even though they admit on page one they’ve only come up with this idea in the last few days. Coincidence then :lol: 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

I love how that thread descends into having a pop at Newcastle fans who claim the mackems are copying us. Even though they admit on page one they’ve only come up with this idea in the last few days. Coincidence then :lol: 

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

They’ve had another poll and decided that Black Cats is old hat and they want to be called the Xerox..…

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Quite a few of them swallowed it. 

No, apparently when they've realised it's a piss take it's now 'Mags bickering amongst themselves and getting themselves worked up about a piss take.' :lol: :lol: 

The lack of self awareness is fucking galactic in scale. :lol:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: I’ve seen loads say “the mags invented flags at games then” as the defense. While we didn’t why’ve they not bothered doing anything like this before? Total shit rip off. 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

My dad used to be head bouncer at Crocodillos in the 80s

think I only ever went in there once and don't have any recollection of falling foul with the bouncers.

same can't be said for a night out in the sticks at stanley mind, the early hours of a sunday morning in the hunt or the blue boar wasn't complete without a run in with the door staff.  

:lol: