mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Weirdly, Louise Taylor and most of the mackems are going on as if this is a formality now. They won 1-0 at home.. I'd imagine S.Wed will get one in the away leg?

Or was the gulf in quality evident?

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Weirdly, Louise Taylor and most of the mackems are going on as if this is a formality now. They won 1-0 at home.. I'd imagine S.Wed will get one in the away leg?

Quality is not a word that sprang to mind watching that cark 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There’s a reason they’ve been in the Third Division for , what is it 4-5 years? 

They’re shit and they choke when the pressure’s on. 

They’ll fold if Wednesday score first in the next leg. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

They were the better side in a poor game, the goal come from an absolute nightmare bit of play by Wednesday (defender under little pressure completely underhit his pass back to the keeper then fell over). I definitely can’t see how they’d think it was a formality tbh. 

Starting to think that the funniest outcome would be their promotion and subsequent wild celebrations only for it to be followed by a humiliating season of defeats. Them ending up back in League One would be outstanding. Just that little sliver of hope extinguished in an instant

• Haha 3

Have to say it’s the first time I’ve watched them since they played us last so I have absolutely no clue who their playing personnel are :lol:

Pritchard and Patrick Roberts both seemed decent but it’s all relative - they’re decent in a League One team so they’re likely to be Championship level players. Couldn’t understand why they took both of them off and when they did, Wednesday were all

over them. 

This is DEFINITELY not a formality. I hope they get an absolute hiding at Hillsborough.

I thought the Sheff Wed tie might be good for them so wouldn't be surprised if they got through but have a feeling Wycombe will not if they get them as didn't they have their lives a while back? :lol:

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Starting to think that the funniest outcome would be their promotion and subsequent wild celebrations only for it to be followed by a humiliating season of defeats. Them ending up back in League One would be outstanding. Just that little sliver of hope extinguished in an instant

That would be great but I want instant gratification. Wednesday beat them 3 nil in the league earlier this year so that would do me. I assume away goals don't count double nowadays as well? Another trip to Wembley, taking Trafalgar square, diving into 18 inch fountains, generaly showing themselves to be mutants, and then losing to the mighty  Wycombe wanderers on penalties would also do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

That would be great but I want instant gratification. Wednesday beat them 3 nil in the league earlier this year so that would do me. I assume away goals don't count double nowadays as well? Another trip to Wembley, taking Trafalgar square, diving into 18 inch fountains, generaly showing themselves to be mutants, and then losing to the mighty  Wycombe wanderers on penalties would also do. 

We've seen all this before. I want to see them break new ground. As we’re having our first enjoyable season in about a decade with a team full of exciting young talent helmed by a talented young coach, I want the duality of them being filled with cast-offs and journeymen, getting walloped by Millwall under the helm of a bloke who looks about 15 years older than he actually is. For 4 month until it turns rotten in the stands and he’s replaced with the next poor sod. Culminating in a nasty relegation. Maybe throw in some more calamity at board room level, Billy Storey possibly getting some level of ownership, Keane knocking them back again, that’s good cooking. I’d even welcome Pickford just to melt their brains

• Haha 2