mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

I don't get the obsession with Covent Garden, it's over 10 miles from Wembley and in the West End so full of 'silver spoon in the mouth' Tory cunts.

Bob Stokoe. | Statue of Bob Stokoe, 1973 F.A cup winning man… | Flickr

They could run really quick.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SpartaFC said:

Trafalgar Square is mackem Mecca. 

Imagine getting a carrier bag of Ace lager and jumping around shouting at Grey's Monument?

:lol: Packed lunch from Heron Foods 

• Haha 5

I really hope they lose and look forward to seeing 50000 sad faces but.......I think they might do it this time, only consolation is they will come straight back down next season  

• Haha 2

Aye it’s going to be funny either way, they’re appalling. They’re very much a league one club, they’ll be getting botted senseless week in week out in the championship. 

Either way you can almost guarantee they’re going to make a show of themselves. Unless their too hungover.

• Haha 1

While it's amusing, I don't actually care that much what happens to them. I think they are more likely to succeed this time but that's mostly because Wycombe have been in my head as a 'minor team' forever, and so I'm judging it based entirely on that.

We are now a completely different calibre of club to them. We always were IMO, but it's more pronounced now. They could be a single position below us in the premier league and they'd still be League One as far as the relative stature of the two clubs goes.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Covent Garden is full of tourists. Nobody who lives in London ever goes there.

Is there not a market there? Where cockerknees buy their apples n pears?

Covent Garden has always been touristy but it’s absolutely devoid of the charm it used to have with the market stalls etc pretty much all replaced by chains / major brands now. There’s a few boozers within walking distance of each other but I’m not sure why you’d choose to gather there. As there’s loads of better places to drink in London. Trafalgar Square is even more perplexing, unless they’re wanting to have a pigeon shite on them while they get a rubbish caricature drawn. Like Craig mentions it’s miles from Wembley too. They don’t have a great deal of imagination like, as their ‘what will I do without my carer this weekend?’ -type questions attest to. I imagine some of them of weighing up if it’s even worth going and risking having 12 litres of Frosty Jack confiscated 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Dougle said:

1973? Not one of them was even born then.

The flag looks like it might be old enough 

• Haha 1

Tbf as AH, and many of their threads, mention they have to find somewhere where they can lug in and drink their warm cans of special brew from back home.

That rules out any bar area, they’d do it on the side of the road like they usually do, but since they’re traveling in greater number via all manner of transportation, they’d get moved along by police. So they’ve found an area where they can engage in their Kestrel lager, and white lightning fueled scat parties in peace. 

• Haha 3