mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I want them to lose here because honestly I don't think they'll go back down again if they go up. I mean they're getting out of the championship anytime soon but I'm fairly sure they'll consolidate without getting relegated next season if they do go up.

Sadly, I reckon this is probably where (this particular aspect of) the hilarity of Sunderland's plight ends.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was going to watch it but put the Scottish cup final on instead. Fuck watching them. 

Aye, I'm just going to read Gemmill's inevitable MBM on here.

• Haha 2

Just now, Isegrim said:

Has it lost its Y-shape?

If you picture a ski jump and then imagine a big giant coming and kicking it on its left hand side so it now points at a 45 degree angle to the right. 

Motherfucker the dirty tramps are winning. 

Fancied them to win tbh hence not watching them. :lol:

I can see a few unhappy faces next seysun once the novelty wears off and they're getting twatted on a more regular basis. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

On the plus side, they've probably avoided the Wembley heartbreak that I am really looking forward to watching

FFS @Gemmill's at it again!

Just now, Gemmill said:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a man who relies heavily on homeopathy also believes in jinxing and tempting fate. 

What? :lol:

I work for big Pharma ffs! And you're the one who thought you were an oracle. 

57 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Christ man, is there any other club in the country that has this much of a carry on about going to London? You're left to imagine that most of them genuinely never leave Sunderland at all. Which would explain, amongst other things, the inbreeding.

Mrs Rents worked as a solicitor in Sunderland for a while. A lot of her clients had never left the city. There were some from Peterlee for whom it was their first time as far away as Sunderland. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sunderland are so far definitely looking the better of two teams that weren't good enough for automatic promotion from Division 3.

Unfortunately they seem to have a manager who knows what he's doing since coming in mid season.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Unfortunately they seem to have a manager who knows what he's doing since coming in mid season.

Is that bloke who took over when your lot were 3rd? :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Aye he propelled them from 4th in the table, 2 points off automatic promotion...... to finish the season 5th in the table, 6 points off automatic promotion. 

Let's hope he has as much success propelling them up the Championship table. 

• Haha 3