mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They have a thread complaining that the BBC hasn't given them sufficient attention on Look North.

"BBC Look Newcastle".

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bbc-look-north.1580345/

They're fucking weapons man, almost to a man. No other club in the country, not one club anywhere, will have whacked up a thread about whether or not their latest achievement received sufficient coverage on the BBC regional news.

Get Back Reaction GIF by Laff
The magedia strike again

• Haha 1

"Mackems won the play offs, I see? Get onto Dawn 'Dawney' Thewlis at Look North and make sure any coverage is minimal. We'll have them calling it Look Newcastle before the programme has even finished. Any questions just tell them it's the Cabal and that will nip that in the bud."

20200709_121601__01.jpg

• Haha 7

:D

"We got talking to an American couple with a toddler on the overground who were asking us how our day had been. We’d been singing songs so they started cracking onto us. The toddler started clapping along to us singing so when they got off before us the bairn was given my Sunderland scarf to take home. Fan for life now"

• Haha 4

The piss-and-blue pop-stinking rag was quickly deposited in the nearest bin and the American couple shortly realized they had been reading the map upside-down. Reports of a tramp posing for selfies with said scarf in the Pennywell area could not be confirmed. Hashtag SAFC, hashtag couture, hashtag bins. 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:D

"We got talking to an American couple with a toddler on the overground who were asking us how our day had been. We’d been singing songs so they started cracking onto us. The toddler started clapping along to us singing so when they got off before us the bairn was given my Sunderland scarf to take home. Fan for life now"

There are loads of the "I spoke to a steward/old boy/wycombe fan/young family on tube/old tart etc etc and they think sunderland fans are brilliant and well behaved".......errr no most were probably thinking who the fuck are these tramps bathing in the fountains whilst eating pot noodles and drinking warm blue wkd 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rosco said:

There are loads of the "I spoke to a steward/old boy/wycombe fan/young family on tube/old tart etc etc and they think sunderland fans are brilliant and well behaved".......errr no most were probably thinking who the fuck are these tramps bathing in the fountains whilst eating pot noodles and drinking warm blue wkd 

100% 😁👍

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ If there’s someone dead, 

In the neighbourhood, 

Who you gonna call?…”

The police obvs.

I'm Jack. I reckon your boys are letting you dewwwn, George.

• Haha 5

:lol: The really do take pictures of the absolute shittest stuff, make up a story about it and then get emotional over it. “Eyyyaaah marras ah wuz walkin my staffy and saw a mackem-wagon, brought a reyyyt tear to my eye just shows how much last weyykend meant, even Callum the staffy had a tear in his eye”. 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Most are realistic about next season....but some of the daft twats actually think they can make the play offs

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/6-to-1-for-promotion.1580378/

:lol: First page there's various odds given but not one mentions the odds for relegation which let's be honest, given their squad limitations and financial difficulties* is far more likely to happen.

*Read somewhere their current squad is on too much money as it is. I think staying up will be an actual achievement and that's genuinely taking off my 'Mag' glasses.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: First page there's various odds given but not one mentions the odds for relegation which let's be honest, given their squad limitations and financial difficulties* is far more likely to happen.

They're 6/1 for promotion and also 6/1 for relegation. :lol: 

• Haha 3

“Make sure their odds are hilariously confusing, to the extent they’re carrying Callum the staffie down to the bookies to bet him on promotion, thus securing another economic annum terriblis on wearside” 

001E574C-50F4-47FD-8824-52B890F37917.jpeg

• Haha 5

Well for those odds getting as low as that is a combination of bookies info/knowledge/forecast.......and stupid bastards from the SR1 postcode lumping the contents of kids moneybox on at the local Ladbrokes

• Like 1

From that thread:

Another tough league but I really believe we will make a good account of ourselves. The f***ing gaffer is amazing with us. Maybe he’s found his team. His interview where he interrupts and says “I’m going to give them a wee wave” made me punch the air.

:lol:

The problem for AN is that if he doesn't have them challenging top half at the very least, the crowd will get restless and get on his back and we all know where that ends. I reckon it's too early to say where they end up - no chance they'll get promoted first time of asking.

• Like 2

I've watched very little of it since we got promoted but I can't believe the standard of the championship is anywhere near as bad as the half hour of total shite I witnessed from their cup final on Saturday.  Can't seen anything but a struggle for them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Can't seen anything but a struggle for them.

Money wise there isn't a massive difference in being in the Championship than League One. I think there's about £5m difference in prize money and maybe £1-2m in TV money depending on how often they're on.

Championship sides continually lose money. The only way to normally succeed is to have an owner prepared to take a gamble and bankroll their side. Given that Sunderland's owners didn't even take a small gamble in League 1 it's very hard to see them taking a massive gamble to get them out of the Championship. If they're lucky they'll finish lower half of the table but avoid a relegation battle. 

• Like 1

They’ll get absolutely smashed. All of the clubs still getting parachute payments & the clubs just relegated will annihilate them :lol: 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Money wise there isn't a massive difference in being in the Championship than League One. I think there's about £5m difference in prize money and maybe £1-2m in TV money depending on how often they're on.

Championship sides continually lose money. The only way to normally succeed is to have an owner prepared to take a gamble and bankroll their side. Given that Sunderland's owners didn't even take a small gamble in League 1 it's very hard to see them taking a massive gamble to get them out of the Championship. If they're lucky they'll finish lower half of the table but avoid a relegation battle. 

You’re forgetting they’re everyone’s cup final, and will be the current most massive club in the championship. Therefore they’ll be on TV nonstop like Newcastle were in that division. 

I agree though, it’s going to be really difficult for them they have a League One squad - even Rotherham who were miles ahead of them will struggle.