mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

If Burnley fancy Alex Neil, even with their dodgy owners, I think there’s a good chance he’d go. Players will leave this summer but their current squad plus the parachute payments make them a much better proposition. Plus it would be fucking priceless in terms of the reaction 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Let that be a warning to anyone thinking of any more duck puns.

We've moved on from duck puns, Fist promoted us to miscellaneous wildfowl puns, you daft old coot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

You know what I always find funny about them is that they’ve never clicked that disliking a team is often because that team is or has been good. Like I dislike Manchester United, Liverpool, etc because they’re good, even sides like Villa and Everton have been good/rivaling us for positions and players. Compare this to say Fulham, I don’t give a fuck about them so I might say I’m happy they got promoted etc. Take their special friends Feyenoord, they don’t like us because we knocked them out the CL. Being “liked” isn’t particularly something to aspire too in a competitive environment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:lol: 

As if that isn't bad enough I think the second post in calls Millwall MLFs. I'd like to give them credit and say they're being ironic but, well, y'knaa. :lol:

Bonus points for saying they weren't so complimentary about them lot 12 miles up the road. :lol: When did we last play Millwall? Who gives a fuck what they 'supposedly' think? 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The absolute neediest fanbase in these isles bar none. 

:lol: I also like that he has to make up some convoluted lie of how he knows about this thread, when it was clearly him just scouting around random teams forums hoping for a mention “wonder who else is proper MLF’s and aaayutes the Maggie cooonts, maybe altrincham fans”.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol:  I also like that he has to make up some convoluted lie of how he knows about this thread,  as clearly him just scouting around random teams forums hoping for a mention “wonder who else is proper MLF’s and aaayutes the Maggie cooonts, maybe altrincham fans”.

100% :lol:

• Haha 1

If someone on here once praised Hartlepool United I could get on to a poolie I know and tell him to look toontastic up so he can have a look and get all warm and glowing inside. He could maybe mention it to his fellow monkey hangers? Nobody mentioned Darlo but I'll lie and I'll tell him we don't like them as they're not as classy as Hartlepool as that'll please him I'm sure? Ah the life of a mackem, they're fucking deranged, man. :lol:

*I don't know any poolies.

• Haha 4

My train calls through south Bermondsey. Absolutely dread getting on it when there’s a match on. Millwall are still the most vile fans out there, and really live up to their reputation: aggressive, racist and confrontational.  

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My train calls through south Bermondsey. Absolutely dread getting on it when there’s a match on. Millwall are still the most vile fans out there, and really live up to their reputation: aggressive, racist and confrontational.  

See my earlier comment. The other connection is they’re largely irrelevant to most people (despite what both sets of fans think) until you have misfortune of playing against them 

• Thanks 1

How will they feel when they read that their bezzy Millwall mates aren't staying in Sunderland, but would rather stay in Newcastle?