mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, Sonatine said:

The lass on the left is clearly thinking, "I want paying up front with this bearded danger".

:lol: :lol: I’m surprised Svetlana and Natalya can stomach being that close to him and his rancid shoes regardless of how much he’s pretended he will pay them. There must be a support group for all the people he’s offered to pay for photos after he sprints off back under his bridge with his can of Kestrel super. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Renton said:

They always bang on about the centre being alright but the surrounding areas being a shit hole.  But I think the surrounding areas of Newcastle are better than most comparable cities. Jesmond, Gosforth, Benton for starters. Even less salubrious areas like Sandyford, Heaton, Walkerville are alright. I can't vouch for the west end but it looks okay when I drive through. Then you have rhe coast etc.

Compare this to cities like Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Birmingham. Places where you take a wrong turn and you're scared for your life. All I know about Sunderland is the city centre IS a shit hole, having never had reason to go elsewhere there. 

To be fair the one lad that says “In Sunderland it feels like most the shite has been condensed into a couple of areas” is right, it just so happens the shite is condensed to anywhere with an SR post code, the remaining bits are average bits of countryside where either various stray dogs go for a shag, or Uncal Mick, Lal Mick, and Plain Mick do overnight camp outs and drink loads of white lightening mixed with blue drink. 

It’s one of those things they often go at but I’ve no fucking clue why they do, it’s a topic they’re just better off adding to the ever growing list of ones to avoid. Sunderland is a dump, it simply is, they can bring up Benwell all they want and while it is rough and shite (before any Stevie types start - I get a pass on slating it as my dad grew up in Benwell), as you say all cities have areas like that, but in comparison Sunderland doesn’t have areas like Jesmond, Gosforth, Benton. They won’t count the coast, despite it all having a Newcastle postal code, so equally I’ll rule out any of their coastal areas which rules out any hope of them bringing up a nice area nearby. 

Not even being biased tbh, Sunderland is just a shithole. In many ways I wish it wasn’t as crap as it is, it’s a fucking embarrassment for the region but thankfully people outside of the UK generally haven’t heard of it. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sonatine said:

The lass on the left is clearly thinking, "I want paying up front with this bearded danger".

7 hours ago, Alex said:

By ‘wee’ I assume he means piss-stained 

That lass on the right’s jacket was white at the start of the night. 

• Haha 1

Aye, the coast isn’t part of Newcastle (which is correct) however the whole of County Durham belongs to Sunderland apparently 

"It is claimed that Poyet was plotting a move for Salah during the summer transfer window as he sweated over the future of Liverpool forward Fabio Borini, but the Black Cats instead completed a deal for Brighton's Will Buckley."

14 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

they're literally consumed with jealousy over the regional capital to the point of bizarre irrationality. the mere mention of the local bbc radio station brings the weird cunts out in hives to say nowt of their renaming of the airport. I mean for fucks sake, what do they want? 747's taking off from northumberland street? still doesn't stop entire families of grotesquely obese inbred halfwits rocking up at 'ponteland' airport in their red and white finery to prove their mackemness, or for that matter their classlees nonce supporting, tinpot club paying for advertising space in it in a pathetic and desperate attempt at one-upmanship. 

as for their 'city', it took them FIVE attempts at a competition on the back of a corn flakes box to finally get accreditation, and that was only because the queenie was feeling particularly benevolent in her ruby jubilee.

the reality is its a fucking minging shithole of a town full of bigoted morons  and it's only claim to fame is it makes merthyr tydfil look salubrious.

This is a wonderful post. 

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

This is a wonderful post. 

It really is, the last line wrapping it up so nicely :lol:

We are lucky to have so many posters skilled in the art of mackem takedowns.

19 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

they're literally consumed with jealousy over the regional capital to the point of bizarre irrationality. the mere mention of the local bbc radio station brings the weird cunts out in hives to say nowt of their renaming of the airport. I mean for fucks sake, what do they want? 747's taking off from northumberland street? still doesn't stop entire families of grotesquely obese inbred halfwits rocking up at 'ponteland' airport in their red and white finery to prove their mackemness, or for that matter their classlees nonce supporting, tinpot club paying for advertising space in it in a pathetic and desperate attempt at one-upmanship. 

as for their 'city', it took them FIVE attempts at a competition on the back of a corn flakes box to finally get accreditation, and that was only because the queenie was feeling particularly benevolent in her ruby jubilee.

the reality is its a fucking minging shithole of a town full of bigoted morons  and it's only claim to fame is it makes merthyr tydfil look salubrious.

There was a post on RTG yesterday about Southampton taking the piss out of Pompey after the former signed the latter’s player of the year. Just a tweet from the club having a fairly inoffensive dig at their local rivals. It took about 5 posts before someone accused Southampton of being  ‘magesque’. :lol: As you point out they had an advert paid for by the club at the arrivals bit in Newcastle airport when they were in the PL and we were in the championship gloating about it. I don’t even mind as it’s  banter but they’re not exactly self aware, are they? It also went well given they not only got relegated the season they put the advert there but they did the same the year after. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

"Put cowies in the water everywhere with a SR postcode...we need them to believe they live in a cultural paradise to divert funds to NE postcodes...release 40 staffies into SR1 with KFC and Galahad lager strapped to their backs....give them names like Callum & Aaron, you know....like people but people who shop at Herons"

29502511-4166-4D1B-86BD-D58D875538DD.jpeg

• Haha 7

And what wouldn’t be true about points a through d? :lol:. So they’re now abbreviating Ed Sheeran and Elton John? :lol: fucking hell man you’d think they’d never had concerts before the way they’re fucking banging on about it, do they think anyone gives a fuck? They let people perform at their stadium, people choose to perform there, the same acts would perform anywhere so long as there was demand and capacity to do so. It’s not like Elton John is weighing up between playing at both grounds thinking “well I’m a MLF and the Geordie’s are all deluded animals so I’m going to perform in a flat pack stadium in the middle of what looks like abandoned land” it’s not they deep lads.

They fucking LOVE that airshow as well man, it’s canny for kids but fucking hell again it’s not something you should bother holding up over other towns/cities as it could be held pretty much anywhere on the coastline. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tom said:

"Put cowies in the water everywhere with a SR postcode...we need them to believe they live in a cultural paradise to divert funds to NE postcodes...release 40 staffies into SR1 with KFC and Galahad lager strapped to their backs....give them names like Callum & Aaron, you know....like people but people who shop at Herons"

29502511-4166-4D1B-86BD-D58D875538DD.jpeg

:lol: 

“…but secret geordie cabal member number one there’s a problem, the staffies keep fornicating and defecating everywhere”

”that’s a problem how? Our studies show the mackems are now showing pride in the ever increasing mounds of dog todd throughout their town. There’s also posts on their forum discussing how there’s no major sites of staffie love making in Newcastle, maybe we will even run a look north special on it to further fan the flames of pride”

”good idea should we send Jeff to cover it?”

”No, you must be the new member, send the new reporter from North Shields - make him slightly judge and show disdain for the story and make sure he mentions he’s from North Shields. They’ll be so overcome with rage that even if they themselves found the staffy orgie to be disgusting they’d be nothing but boastful towards it.” 

Classic Film Cigarette GIF by Warner Archive

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

This would undoubtedly be characterised as my being a bitter mag on RTG, but who gives a fuck about Elton John and Ed Sheeran? I’d genuinely turn down a free pair of tickets to either gig. One’s been shite for nigh on 50 years and the other one has never been anything other than a shite creepy love child of Robin Cook and Anthony Worrall Thompson 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

This would undoubtedly be characterised as my being a bitter mag on RTG, but who gives a fuck about Elton John and Ed Sheeran? I’d genuinely turn down a free pair of tickets to either gig. One’s been shite for nigh on 50 years and the other one has never been anything other than a shite creepy love child of Robin Cook and Anthony Worrall Thompson 

:lol:

think he played a bit part on the piano on a couple of t-rex songs. pinnacle of his career and its been a downward spiral of shit ever since.

• Haha 3

:lol: Even if they were the best performers the world has ever seen Sunderland is still a hovel, their football club is a wank lower league side, and their stadium is a generic template. 

• Haha 3