mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: Aye why are they fucking bothered about suggestions a bloke that hasn’t played for them in fucking ages shouldn’t be first choice for his national side (something else that’s nothing to do with SAFC)? 

Bunch of irrelevant plebs. 

"Maaaaam, can I have some money for some new players? Callum has been asking me on Twitter" 

"No Kyle, unfortunately we've had a rough year profiting out of starving children & our most holy patriarch has been invading Ukraine so my bank is frozen" 

Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

• Haha 4

Out of interest I looked up his net worth seeing as all the mackems get excited about having a billionaire owner. Looks like his trust (so not him) is worth an estimated $2b, so basically Ellis Short level and comparable with many in the championship. An upgrade on the carpet bagger twins? I guess aye as at some point he will probably get that money, but in a football environment will they be splashing cash? No :lol:. For context Stokes owners are worth 5 times as much. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Marginally better news for the fans but Madrox the real winners. 

Aye- whereas previously they had 4 absolute whoppers with no money in charge, now they’ve only got 3 absolute whoppers with no money in charge. 

Rome wasn’t skint in a day, and that. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye- whereas previously they had 4 absolute whoppers with no money in charge, now they’ve only got 3 absolute whoppers with no money in charge. 

Rome wasn’t skint in a day, and that. 

The agony they must feel at every false dawn is... I can't find a better word than delicious. 

They get a billionaire who backs them to the hilt, but Short fucks it up. They get a clean financial slate and their new owners are engaging with the fans and one is even a PR person!!! but the pair fuck it up.   They're 'bought' by a billionaire, but he doesn't actually own them outright, and even if he did, it's trust fund money and not really his own. 

Two consecutive relegations, lowest league finish in their history, 4 seasons in the third tier, two failed play-off chances, a team of nobodies managed by a nobody owned by nobodies. Now they're in the second tier with one of the lowest valued squads  and they're talking about promotion like it's a serious possibility.

All the while they're proclaiming some intangible superiority to their erstwhile rivals who are owned by people staggering wealth, managed by a respected coach, entertained by English and Brazilian internationals. 

Like I said, delicious.

• Haha 6

Elf-like beige cunt Lee Hendrie was on SSN saying Sunderland had every chance of being in the mix. Seemingly based on nothing bar them being a premier league club relatively recently 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The agony they must feel at every false dawn is... I can't find a better word than delicious. 

They get a billionaire who backs them to the hilt, but Short fucks it up. They get a clean financial slate and their new owners are engaging with the fans and one is even a PR person!!! but the pair fuck it up.   They're 'bought' by a billionaire, but he doesn't actually own them outright, and even if he did, it's trust fund money and not really his own. 

Two consecutive relegations, lowest league finish in their history, 4 seasons in the third tier, two failed play-off chances, a team of nobodies managed by a nobody owned by nobodies. Now they're in the second tier with one of the lowest valued squads  and they're talking about promotion like it's a serious possibility.

All the while they're proclaiming some intangible superiority to their erstwhile rivals who are owned by people staggering wealth, managed by a respected coach, entertained by English and Brazilian internationals. 

Like I said, delicious.

:lol:

"FTM!!!!!"

woman middle finger GIF by Cheezburger

• Haha 5

I might* have had a smidgen of sympathy for them if they hadn’t acted like such small-time goons when we were (briefly) relegated. 

* actually, I wouldn’t … ever. :lol:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Elf-like beige cunt Lee Hendrie was on SSN saying Sunderland had every chance of being in the mix. Seemingly based on nothing bar them being a premier league club relatively recently 

Him and Sue Smith. Separated at birth like Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia if Luke and Leia were gnomes. :cuppa:

• Haha 5

Aye, she’s a better pundit though (and she’s not great). I’d have loved the follow up question to his comments to have been - name 5 of their players. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I might* have had a smidgen of sympathy for them if they hadn’t acted like such small-time goons when we were (briefly) relegated. 

* actually, I wouldn’t … ever. :lol:

Enjoy Burton marra.

Oh I did!

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

• Haha 2

We’ve never played at the new Wembley though. Apart from that time we did against Spurs when you had to be in the PL to do so, which they weren’t, which doesn’t count 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Like I said, delicious.

But if you said that to them......the answer would be one or all of the following

I'd rather be in the 3rd division than owned by murderers

I'd stop supporting my club if it was owned by murderers

Premier league is corrupt allowing murderers to buy mags

Boris/Government/Mags/Saudis all corrupt FTM

Fucking bunch of inbred backward cheesy chip blue wkd twats 

• Haha 1

What impresses me about that post is the calculation and strategy that went into it.  He specifically needs to be in a group of 20 people to have any chance of successfully beating up a single individual. I mean the lad clearly knows his limitations and is prepared to own them. He's a soft shite but if you team him up with 19 other soft bellends, he might just have a chance at it. Got to respect the self awareness.

• Like 1