mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, Howay said:

It’s yet another sign that they also don’t care about the actual discussion/issues around our ownership too. There is extremely strong evidence that the Saudis funded those organizations but MBS has worked to move away from that, he cut funding and turned his back to look more west - there’s absolutely no doubt he’s a total piece of shit but trying to shoehorn something like that in again just shows their lack of interest in the actual situation. They can keep up this faux outrage but the fact is they’re using horrific events where people died to have pops at fans of a rival team, trivializing the event imo and not even getting the facts straight. Trying to take the high road but not even being bothered enough to pick the right issues to raise when there’s a fucking mountain of easy material to pick from. Thick paedophile supporting cunts. 

If Portsmouth had our owners they’d not care, it’s that simple and transparent. They’ll keep trivializing terrorist attacks and believing that Ross Stewart would get the better of up and coming world beaters, it’s just what they do. “Classy”. 

You support a heinous regime and you’ve been sportswashed, marra. 6 in a row, FTM. 
It’s like that Exile toucher (blocked me on Twitter btw :lol: ). Totally unaware that by putting it’s xxxx days since Newcastle beat Sunderland at the top of each tweet he’s completely undermining any notion that it’s the human rights etc that he’s bothered about :lol: 

• Haha 8

This is all fantastic fun but it's maybe worth mentioning that the only link we have with Athletic Club de Bilbao is our unfaltering loyalty and passion. In terms of genuine common ground I can think of three Spanish clubs we'd share more in common with.

What planet are these doyles on?

Also dont Bilbao have a load of NUFC fans from when we played them in the Waffa? :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

They're off their tits. Their association is with Portsmouth & Southampton as it was the main trade route between the two nations. Bilbao's kit is a combination of the colours of Southampton & Portsmouth. 

The unwashed are no more linked to Athletic Bilbao than were are to Juventus. 

Fucking morons.

Later, a young student from Bilbao named Juan Elorduy, who was spending Christmas 1909 in London, was charged by the club to buy 25 new shirts, but was unable to find enough. Waiting for the ship back to Bilbao and empty handed, Elorduy realised that the colours of the local team Southampton[39] matched the colours of the City of Bilbao, and bought 50 shirts to take with him. Upon arriving in Bilbao, the club's directors decided almost immediately to change the team's strip to the new colours, and since 1910, Athletic Club have played in red and white stripes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao

:lol:

• Haha 4

:lol: Mint, why be an actual competitive football club when you can just try and get fans of way better teams to pity you? Don’t let it happy organically neither, just try your best to force some fake friendship. 

Hope it works out for them, then in a couple of seasons when we’re in Europe we can absolute fucking hammer the entire SAFC friendship club of Feyenoord and Bilbao. “Ahhh just eyyyut the maggie bastids wah neeyd new friends who can beeeyut thahhm”.

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

I thought that came out a while back. I remember reading it somewhere. It’s hilarious that they just invented the story off the back of Bilbao playing in red and white and is playing them in the uefa cup. I think the original made up story doing the rounds back on the 90s was that a Sunderland fan had founded the club. Just more weird needy shite from them 

• Like 3

When I first heard it, it made perfect sense given the obvious links between the south coast and the Basque Country. 

I'm canny sure they wanted to make a great deal of the lads in red and white stripes knocking out the Mags in the 90s tie and some no doubt heard and believed their mackem origin bollocks but after both ourselves and Bilbao had a great time and got on famously and nobody paid them any attention whatsoever it fizzled out pretty sharpish. I don't know why plenty of them keep doing this to themselves? :lol:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm canny sure they wanted to make a great deal of the lads in red and white stripes knocking out the Mags in the 90s tie and some no doubt heard and believed their mackem origin bollocks but after both ourselves and Bilbao had a great time and got on famously and nobody paid them any attention whatsoever it fizzled out pretty sharpish. I don't know why plenty of them keep doing this to themselves? :lol:

It’s a never ending quest to achieve relevance 👍🏻

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I love how they always mention the documentary as something that other people watched and thought “wow, what a passionate and lovable fan base” and not “hahaha, what a bunch of oddballs”

:lol: I don’t get how they don’t see this. Even if I tried to be neutral about it in any way they don’t come across well in it, there’s even an episode where they set about the camera man when they lose. The lads I know over here that have seen it ask me questions like are they all like that? And think it’s hilarious, I let them know it’s made by their own fan base so it’s trying it’s best to show them in a good light :lol:. I suppose it has helped some people know who the fuck they are as people haven’t heard of them. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

That lad with the beard who wore the cap seemed like a canny enough lad but it was fairly obvious that they were scraping the barrel in terms of the fans they followed throughout the series. I.e. really struggling to find ones that wouldn’t come across as complete bull’s knackers 

• Like 3

Sunlun, fucking basquet case i

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Can’t trust these Spitfire-inventing fuckers 😉

Stole the design from the Sewpamarine Hocklefire designed in Roker

• Haha 6