mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

still gutted I didn't get to that game, blew both me budget and the goodwill from the wife a month earlier in antwerp.

still, wasn't a bad one to go to!  :)

Didn't get to any European away games back then due to wrong time/circumstances but if I could pick one it would've been Bilbao. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Someone's not taking it very well. :lol:

That living in and around Bilbao. You either live there or you don’t :lol: someone needs to tell them your granny’s mate having a villa in Torrevieja doesn’t count

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

That living in and around Bilbao. You either live there or you don’t :lol: someone needs to tell them your granny’s mate having a villa in Torrevieja doesn’t count

spent a bit of time in the campervan driving round asturias drinking shit loads of the local sidra.

as far as I'm concerned this practically makes me a separatist.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Didn't get to any European away games back then due to wrong time/circumstances but if I could pick one it would've been Bilbao. 

Look at this one trying to get himself in on the special relationship. Mag behaviour. 

• Haha 6

there was some daft cunt on their weekly setting out the boundaries of where newcastle's support is allowed to come from claiming that native newcastle folk hate co. durham mags.

weird really when about a third of the lads on monty's infamous away day 80s buses were nutters from the kings head in stanley and the bridge in chester-le-street.

they really do invent utter shite and convince themselves it's fact.   :lol:

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

there was some daft cunt on their weekly setting out the boundaries of where newcastle's support is allowed to come from claiming that native newcastle folk hate co. durham mags.

weird really when about a third of the lads on monty's infamous away day 80s buses were nutters from the kings head in stanley and the bridge in chester-le-street.

they really do invent utter shite and convince themselves it's fact.   :lol:

There’s always been loads of Newcastle fans all over Co. Durham. Also what Newcastle fans have, almost irrespective of where they’re from, is an affinity with the city and not just the club. It’s a big difference between us and them which they don’t seem to get at all. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

There’s always been loads of Newcastle fans all over Co. Durham. Also what Newcastle fans have, almost irrespective of where they’re from, is an affinity with the city and not just the club. It’s a big difference between us and them which they don’t seem to get at all. 

Aye they boil themselves into a right fewming froth about Durham Mags.

And yet I don’t see anyone moaning on about Northumberland mackems (and I know plenty, from Ashington, Bedlington, Cramlington, Blyth even bloody Amble, place is infested. Baffling though it is.)

40 minutes ago, Dougle said:

And yet I don’t see anyone moaning on about Northumberland mackems (and I know plenty, from Ashington, Bedlington, Cramlington, Blyth even bloody Amble, place is infested. Baffling though it is.)

There was always a few SAFC fans from Durham mining families moving to Northumberland then their sons/grandsons still being Sunderland fans I think. But it’s more small pockets in places like Ashington. Whereas places you have places like Chester-Le-Street, South Shields and so on that are at least 50% Newcastle and have been historically. Not trying to say that makes our support  amazing. I just mean the mackems seem unable to get their heads round large towns in what is (or was historically) Co Durham having a very large NUFC fan base that goes back generations. That notion they have that they own Durham because Sunderland used to be in Durham is fucking weird and factually doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny. They’ll claim in years to come they’re all bandwagon jumpers though 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dougle said:

Amble was a shithole tbh, so no surprise it’s riddled with mackems, lovely and quaint Warkworth will be 100% mag

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Dougle said:

2064742088_Hawaymarra.thumb.JPG.103591e436e477a831ab5974bd1cdad8.JPG

Aluz hated those Bilbowah bassahs marra FTM.

best of mates with bristol now...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/outside-the-ground-today.1585652/

I live half an hours drive away and have had countless nights out there, on the whole it's one of the most hippie/new age/inclusive/green cities you could ever visit.

I can't think anywhere on the planet that bristol could be more the polar opposite of than than a backward, racist, edl infested hell hole than sunderland.

funking mindboggling .

• Haha 6